WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

New SLR or new lens?

Old 16-09-09, 11:01

Hi people, I am just wondering if anyone can help me, I have recently taken up pgotography as a hobby and as part for that I am heading off to Kenya very soon to see what sort of pics I can capture over there. At the moment I am using the Nikon D60 camera with a 200mm lens on, I am wondering if anyone knows if Nikon does a 300mm lens that WILL autofocus with the Nikon D60? I would be very greatful is someone can help!!
Old 16-09-09, 11:40

Hi there Liam, welcome to WPF - enjoy the forum. How about the Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR? That will work very well with your D60. Also there is the TAMRON AF 70-300MM F/4-5.6 DI LD MACRO 1:2 LENS that will work - it has a macro setting also - so one lens may be all you need? Any Nikon lens that is "AF-S" or Sigma that is "HSM" will work on a D60.

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 16-09-09, 11:56

Thanks alot for the advice Andy, I will look into those two lenses you suggested. Many Thanks
Old 16-09-09, 15:03

I have found a Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 "Motorized" DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens with Built-in Motor Drive at a decent price and I am just wondering if any1 will know if this will auto focus with Nikon D60, all it says on the description is "works with all Nikons".
Old 16-09-09, 16:28

Liam,

welcome to the forum. Please provide us a link to this lens. My guess is that it will indeed focus on your D60, but we're better off checking ;-)

You will also get a lot more replies if you create a topic specific to what you are asking or want to discuss as opposed to posting in another thread. That way it's also less confusing for others reading the forum.

Do post your photos in the gallery once you get back from Kenya!

Alex
Old 06-11-09, 00:48

The letters 'HSM' will be within the title and/or specs of the Sigma lens advert if it truely works AF on all Nikon digi bodies. If it doesn't or the advertiser hasn't put those magical letters in the ad it wont work, they're either deliberately being vague (to sell off old stock on ebay?), or just stupid.

simples

Last edited by Joe; 06-11-09 at 00:50.