WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Nikon D2x firmware update next week? (now here)

Old 05-10-06, 17:42
Admin

I can't find any mention of it on their abysmal site, the only thing I can see is the old notice of future firmware with links to the upgrade... where-as it had seperate posts on each of the new updates a couple of days ago.
I get the same message as you when I follow the link, yet I had no problems on tuesday (other than re-registering!!).

I can e-mail you the zip file of the firmware if you want.

cheers,
Andy
Old 05-10-06, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post
Could someone kindly post a link to the download site, going through Nikon.co.uk I get a message advising I have not permission to open the page and I am not logged in - even though I am.

I have tried this on three different computers.
Stephen,

I see Nikon UK have updated their site and that lead to an old page on European Support.

This will be slow as it has taken ages to open the various pages but go to Nikon Professional. Then Tech Support. Wait a bit and you will be at the proper site. Log on is normal ie no probs and there you have it.

Link here if it works
http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...iid=&p_faqid=&

NOTE ........ and this is odd, until you sign in you will not see items 3-12 which is where the firmware update is.

PM if you still have probs

Don
Old 05-10-06, 21:13
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
Stephen,

I see Nikon UK have updated their site and that lead to an old page on European Support.

This will be slow as it has taken ages to open the various pages but go to Nikon Professional. Then Tech Support. Wait a bit and you will be at the proper site. Log on is normal ie no probs and there you have it.

Link here if it works
http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...iid=&p_faqid=&

NOTE ........ and this is odd, until you sign in you will not see items 3-12 which is where the firmware update is.

PM if you still have probs

Don
I've sent Stephen the firmware via e-mail.
Even loggged-in, I still get a no permission notice when I click on the windows version in the post.
9 Notice of future D2X Firmware Update

Two days ago it all looked very different, with new posts and no problems clicking thru to the firmware.

cheers,
Andy
Old 05-10-06, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Even loggged-in, I still get a no permission notice when I click on the windows version in the post.

Two days ago it all looked very different, with new posts and no problems clicking thru to the firmware.

cheers,
Andy
Cheers Andy.

I just downloaded with no probs.

All very odd as going to Support through Nikon UK mainpage I was not recognised but linking through Proessional mainpage no probs.

Don
Old 05-10-06, 21:29

Quote:

cheers,

Andy
Thanks chaps,

Two days ago I received the permission denied message and figured the Nikon server was too busy to accept another connection. I waited until today to download but received the message again. I do have the firmware but may wait a few days longer before I upgrade.
Old 05-10-06, 21:31

Andy,

This just registered as a bit odd.

Quote:
Even loggged-in, I still get a no permission notice when I click on the windows version in the post 9
So I have just logged in again. See attached screen shot. I think they are directing us all over the place.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nikon Support.jpg (57.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-10-06, 21:35

Oh, and for those like me that have never done this sort of thing before.......... full instructions.

Link http://www.nikon-euro.com/kdb/en/200...ab_win_en.html

Don
Old 05-10-06, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
Andy,

This just registered as a bit odd.

So I have just logged in again. See attached screen shot. I think they are directing us all over the place.

Don
Very strange! - I have never seen D2X firmware v2.00 only the future warning of upgrade and a link within that thread. I have even searched D2X firmware upgrades using drop-down selection on the tech support site. I wonder if Nikon's login/authentication is down and registering as a new user solves the problem or workaround at least. I had this trouble when trying to provide a link for here for D200 firmware update - same permission denied message.
Old 05-10-06, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post
Very strange! - I have never seen D2X firmware v2.00 only the future warning of upgrade and a link within that thread. I have even searched D2X firmware upgrades using drop-down selection on the tech support site. I wonder if Nikon's login/authentication is down and registering as a new user solves the problem or workaround at least. I had this trouble when trying to provide a link for here for D200 firmware update - same permission denied message.
Stephen,

I only knew it was around as spent time catching up on DPR today.

Did you try by linking through http://www.nikon.co.uk/professional/customer_services/ as that was how I finally got there without having to re-register.

READING THE INSTRUCTIONS, unlike a number on DPR, I see I will have to get a CF card before I can upgrade, as I only have, courtesy of Nikon, MicroDrives. Question is do I really need any of the offerings in v2.0. Possibly not.

Don

Last edited by Don Hoey; 05-10-06 at 22:04.
Old 06-10-06, 09:41

I would not upgrade using a microdrive if the instructions suggest using compact flash only. The only thought not to use microdrives could be transfer speed.