WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

What you care more on shopping digital camera, good quality or or good looking?

Old 09-12-08, 06:31

Default What you care more on shopping digital camera, good quality or or good looking?

When you buy a digital camera, what do you care much, the quality or the good looking? I like shopping, especially shop some electronic items, such as MP3/MP4, cell phone, digital camera and so on. When I shop a digital camera, I cared much more on the looking than the quality or the item’s brand. Do you agree with me?

Perhaps the famous brand items has good quality, but they are very expensive and don’t have a good looking. When I search digital camera on Google, there is a fantasy result. Lots of online shop sell cheapest OEM digital camera with a good looking. And the specification is also detailed. When I compare them with the brand, there are some advantages, such as price, shape and functions. I click one online shop casually. There are lots of choices. It makes me surprise. Based on practicability, I also care the quality of the item. And I also worry about the reality of the shop. I worry that they will cheat me. Have anyone bought such OEM digital camera from online shop? I hope I can get some guidance, such as warranty, shipping, return and so on. Thanks.
Old 09-12-08, 10:19

http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...ead.php?t=3876

You asked very similar questions before on the other thread.
Are you doing some market research before selling digital cameras online (ebay?)

I've bought quite a lot of things online, and ebay. Some real bargains, unfortunately some have been poor quality.
I beleive the shipping costs for a product to be sent from China to UK, for example, is much cheaper than a seller here in the UK to post within the UK.
It is a good idea to have the whole cost indicated to the customer. Some direct sellers in China give a cheap cost, but then expensive shipping, and no indication about paying customs duty. ie they have 'hidden' costs.
If you clearly display these things, customers might not feel so nervous about buying online. Display all these costs to them, and you will do well.
Old 11-12-08, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...ead.php?t=3876

You asked very similar questions before on the other thread.
Are you doing some market research before selling digital cameras online (ebay?)

I've bought quite a lot of things online, and ebay. Some real bargains, unfortunately some have been poor quality.
I beleive the shipping costs for a product to be sent from China to UK, for example, is much cheaper than a seller here in the UK to post within the UK.
It is a good idea to have the whole cost indicated to the customer. Some direct sellers in China give a cheap cost, but then expensive shipping, and no indication about paying customs duty. ie they have 'hidden' costs.
If you clearly display these things, customers might not feel so nervous about buying online. Display all these costs to them, and you will do well.
I agree with you. I also bought products online. One time I bought products from one online shop gizmograbber.com, it did not told me the customs, when i receive the products, the price is so high even if the price of product is lower.

But in my opinion, some products are sold in my country which is made in china. Why i buy directly from china? I think it is cheaper than the reseller. But the most important thing is to know all the "cost".

When i bough camera, i will considerate many point, such as quality, price, looking etc. But in my opinion, the quality is most important whatever brand or non-brand.
Old 09-03-09, 21:46

it's quality i mostly pay attention to. good looks is not that essential for me)
Old 10-03-09, 12:39

What is OEM digital camera?
Old 10-03-09, 21:25

Rudra,
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.
I'm guessing what might be meant here is a digital camera branded by the people who atleast put it together (even if they might not have made all the components). Thinking Mainly names like Nikon, Canon, or Fuji for example, rather than makes like Vivitar, Rollei, Zennox, or Premier, who might get their name printed on the camera, but is not actually made by the company.
hope this helps,
cheers
Joe
Old 12-03-09, 21:57

thanks, Joe! i didn't know it either.