WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > Discussion on Photo of the Week

POTW is coming back in a new way

Old 21-08-12, 11:05
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marydoll View Post
I tried to vote last night, maybe it was too late as the e-mail came back undelivered or else I put in the wrong address!
Not sure why that would happen as others emails have come through ok. I won't be able to get onto a PC to sortthem and post a winner until his evening at the earliest so if you can try again it would be good, if it bounces just PM me your choice.
Old 21-08-12, 22:15

I think I put in a . instead of a dash after wpf (senior moment no doubt!).

Marydoll
Old 21-08-12, 22:50

I am confused about the email address to use in order to vote. I sent you an email with my vote Peter, is that the one to use or what?
Old 21-08-12, 23:07
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoll View Post
I am confused about the email address to use in order to vote. I sent you an email with my vote Peter, is that the one to use or what?
I have set up an email specifically for this which is WPF-POTW @ hotmail.co.uk (without the spaces). I did get some votes come throug on PM and to my own email, which is no problem and hey all got counted. It will only be an issue if another mod were to be sorting it one week as they'd only get the ones to the specific email. This won't happen in he first few weeks while we all get into the swing of the new system.
Old 22-08-12, 09:38

With all the confusion hope my vote got to the right place.
Don't understand why you write the Email address with capitals and spaces. Could that be part of the confusion, why not [email protected] ?
Then lazy people like me could copy and paste. Ok, I did but had to delete spaces. Saved in contacts for next week.

Last edited by Arthur53; 22-08-12 at 09:40.
Old 22-08-12, 09:56

I think eventually you need a permanent sticky about voting with all the rules and a link to the email address for voting as otherwise not only will people like me forget and lose the link but new people to the forum won't have a clue.
Old 22-08-12, 10:01
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur53 View Post
With all the confusion hope my vote got to the right place.
Don't understand why you write the Email address with capitals and spaces. Could that be part of the confusion, why not [email protected] ?
Then lazy people like me could copy and paste. Ok, I did but had to delete spaces. Saved in contacts for next week.
I wrote it like that because clickable email addresses get picked up by automated spam systems! As for capitals, it was auto corrected to that by my phone when I typed it but wil make no difference as emails are not case sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoll View Post
I think eventually you need a permanent sticky about voting with all the rules and a link to the email address for voting as otherwise not only will people like me forget and lose the link but new people to the forum won't have a clue.
this thread is a sticky one already, once we have it running smoothly I will be updating the first post to give clear details on voting.
Old 22-08-12, 10:06

Thanks Peter.
Old 22-08-12, 11:43

Is it me, it probably is, I missed the opportunity to vote as I don't know where to look for all the photos posted last week. Do we have to trawl through these manually or are they grouped together in one gallery. If we do have to trawl through is there an easy way to view just the photos from last week. I know there is a shortcut to show the last 7 days but if it ends on Saturday and I browse on Sunday some of the entries will be missing.
I have been using this forum for a while now and if I'm having problems then newer members may also be experiencing them. If so they will not join in.

Last edited by steve2005; 22-08-12 at 11:46.
Old 22-08-12, 12:14

I just remembered from my daily trawl what I thought were the "deserving" ones Steve, and then before voting had a quick look back to identify them using the seven day button. (I'd need to find my winner so I could e mail the link to postcard cv). Having done a quick review of my shortlist I lodged a vote. I believe this is a sensible way to proceed given that nobody's livelihood is at stake and the site is basically for the enjoyment of its members. Dissenters can even post an alternative view on their favoured pic or here in POTW. Anything to liven things up.