WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

too many bells and whistles ?

Old 23-03-18, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
It shows the different needs of each of us Sassan, I do not need 80% of all the features on my camera. To me the sensor, dynamic range , viewfinder , focus tracking and colour reproduction are the most important.
I remember when the first camera came out that could also take video the government raised the tax on cameras that are thus enabled, this means that 75% of todays cameras have extra tax on them.
To take videos I have a video camera, I go back to the "super 8" film days with my "movie" making.
On another subject I saw a T.V. program last night from New Zealand and they showed BMW 5 series with doors like your sons (Lambo).
All the best Charles.
Although I have a couple of video (only) cameras I've never used either of them. I have used video on several of my DSLR/mirrorless cameras - but probably totaling less than 10 minutes for those. It's not a style of photography that appeals to me, but sometimes is useful to have it available. As far as other features I often end up having at least a quick play with many of them, though there are many I won't use beyond that. I'd much rather a camera had features available that I don't use than it knocked of something I find useful! All too often though it seems useful features are removed to add less useful but 'trendy' features. I could certainly live without in camera HDR, wi-fi (unless offering tethering control) and the in camera effects filters. Meanwhile keeping a mechanical shutter release (screwing into the normal shutter button as the Pentax ME) is a feature long ago lost that I find handy.

Pentax K5ii & Panasonic G5 user (with far too many bits to list)
Member of North Essex Photographic Workshop
Also online with PentaxUser.co.uk, Flickr, MU-43, MFLenses...

Last edited by petrochemist; 23-03-18 at 22:20.
Old 24-03-18, 10:47

Those were the days, a wire press shutter release or a pneumatic release, I used them on Pentax film cameras too.
Charles