WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

An interesting new 'development' for film users

Old 16-03-07, 19:19

Smile An interesting new 'development' for film users

As if I wasn't personally gobsmacked enough by the launch/ investment in new film emulsions after the relaunch of an improved Velvia 50 (now at 50 ISO, not more like 40 ISO the original stock was), and an all new improved Provia 400, now called Provia 400x, fuji have launched a new site dedicated to film stock users....

http://choose-film.com/

For anyone still into film stock my view is this seems quite an interesting site, and one to pop in and have a look from time to time.
Although it's backed by Fujifilm, it does look like some 'non' Fuji products also make appearances in the forum and on the galleries.
One to watch me thinks
Old 17-03-07, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
As if I wasn't personally gobsmacked enough by the launch/ investment in new film emulsions after the relaunch of an improved Velvia 50 (now at 50 ISO, not more like 40 ISO the original stock was), and an all new improved Provia 400, now called Provia 400x, fuji have launched a new site dedicated to film stock users....

http://choose-film.com/

For anyone still into film stock my view is this seems quite an interesting site, and one to pop in and have a look from time to time.
Although it's backed by Fujifilm, it does look like some 'non' Fuji products also make appearances in the forum and on the galleries.
One to watch me thinks

Thank's for the info Joe, I still use film for landscapes and wildlife, (alongside digital), it's great that Velvia 50 is back, it was a great mistake on Fuji's part when they discontinued such a great film, most of the pros were gobsmacked and couldn't believe they could do such a stupid thing, almost hari kari.

nirofo.
Old 17-03-07, 08:59

Yep, The demise of the original Velvia 50 was a bit daft, glad it's back too...However, as a personal favourite of mine the Provia 400x is the interesting one for me, and I'll be trying a roll or two once I get my hands on some.
What I have been pleasantly suprised about is Fuji's ongoing committment and development supporting film users. Certainly where Kodak appear to be pulling the plug, Polaroid slowly going to ground and Agfa already gone 'bump', it bucks a trend.
Yes, they'll always be the large format sheet film users for stuff like landscape, and medium format studio stuff for those who can't quite afford the mortgage money for a digi back...but I'm most supprised and mightly pleased is 35mm film users haven't yet been left out to dry. We'll see.

BTW, this website and info was in this weeks news section of BJP (British Journal of Photography), which is only £2 a copy but unlike many photo mags has a mix of both film and digi news and articles.