WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Lenses

Lenses Discussion of Lenses

Camerabox

Old 01-09-09, 18:18

Default Camerabox

I decided to buy a DSLR and bought a Sony Alpha 300 with kit lens. I then wanted a longer lens and decided on a Tamron 70-300 from Camerabox. After a week of trying to trace my order all I get is a recorded message saying all their staff are busy and could I leave a message and they will get back to me. Does anyone know if they are still in business or in trouble. I am not sure if I have posted this in the correct place. Can anyone tell me what my next step should be. Thanks Peter
Old 01-09-09, 18:37
Super Moderator

a quick search on google shows that your not the only one with issues with them - http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-...html#tabs-menu very hit and miss servce... I hope you get through and get it sorted.
Old 01-09-09, 23:00

I find if ordering from a source you have not used before it is a good idea to google them to see if there are problems. Saved my bacon before now, hope it works out for you.
Old 02-09-09, 10:25

Default Camerabox

Thanks Postcardcv & Miketoll for your replies. I phoned Camerabox this morning to get the usual "we are busy please leave a message and we will get back" (which they never do) After that I decided to leave a message telling them if I don't hear from them within the hour I will cancel but when I rang them I got through. The outcome is it is on order but no firm delivery date but possibly Friday (I'll bet) At least they are still trading and I'll give them a few days before I get in touch again. Thanks again Peter
Old 02-09-09, 22:51

Good luck!
Old 04-09-09, 17:21

It's now Friday and I hope you've got you're order. Best of luck, although you shouldn't need it. Dean
Old 04-09-09, 22:19

Default Camerabox

If I'm perfectly hounest I didn't really expect to hear from them. They just tell you what you want to hear and then get off the phone. I'll give them a few more days and then tell them I am going to cancell the order and see if that does anything. I will let you know what happens next. Peter
Old 05-09-09, 18:28

I hope that you find it easy to cancel, they may not hear that instuction I fear. Hope they have not taken any money out of your account.
Old 09-09-09, 17:30

Default camerabox

Today I decided I would sit at the phone and redial until I got to speak to someone at Camerabox. After 3 goes I was through. I explained I had waited 3 weeks for my order. I was left hanging on for about 2 minutes and then he came back and said it wasn't in would I like a refund. I thought long and hard for about 1 milisecond and accepted. So now its a case of waiting to see if the money turns up. As for the lens I think for the sake of £30 I will pop down to Jessops. Peter

Thanks to Postcardcv, Miketoll, & Fishingruddy for your replies

Last edited by monty; 09-09-09 at 17:35.
Old 09-09-09, 20:57

They certainly do themselves a disservice as they will rapidly get themselves a bad reputation even if they are legitimate. Let us know if you get the money back.