WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Nikon and/or Canon dslr?

Old 15-12-05, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski
I am in the same boat I bought my Canon 1.4tc beginning of August from 7Dayshop but have only just acquired a voucher. Do you think it is worth sending it off now ?

Rob
Nothing to lose Rob - they accepted my voucher and 7 dayshop recipt. Only stipulation on time as far as I can see is that the good must have been purchased in 2005.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 15-12-05, 16:52
Super Moderator

When I bought my 300d from 7dayshop canon wouldn't pay out for me I got a letter to say they were grey imports and woudn't honor the offer.
Old 15-12-05, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy C
Nothing to lose Rob - they accepted my voucher and 7 dayshop recipt. Only stipulation on time as far as I can see is that the good must have been purchased in 2005.
Christine as Roy says I have nothing to lose. There are very few exceptions in Canons Terms and Conditions.

Apart from the product list, date of purchase, how they may pay and not being a Canon employee the main one is

"The promotion runs in the following 14 countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom. For the Cash Back to apply, the products on the above list must be purchased by an end-user in either of those countries."

To my Knowledge Guernsey is in the UK.

The Grey import basically means that it came via the USA and not covered by Canon UK warranty. 7Dayshop honour the warranty. With a TC there is very little to go wrong with it.

Rob
Old 15-12-05, 19:12
Super Moderator

Thanks robski

Canon really didn't give a full explanation just that it was a grey import and wasn't covered. I decided to let things drop, I had gotten the camera at good price anyway.
Old 15-12-05, 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
When I bought my 300d from 7dayshop canon wouldn't pay out for me I got a letter to say they were grey imports and woudn't honor the offer.
This would be a different voucher promotion. The one I used was from the book of vouchers that was supplied when purchasing the 350D. It did not include rebates for Cameras - only lenses. converters and flashlights.
Strange thing was that I submitted one for a lens which I bought from Jessops and it took over five weeks to get the rebate but when I sent in the the 7dayshop recipts I got the rebate 8 days later.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 15-12-05, 21:16
Super Moderator

Roy, yes it was a different offer when I bought the 300d last Dec from 7dayshop.
I had no problems getting the free CF card when I bought the 350d from Jessops in Oct. Its a shame but I don't have any use for the vouchers and they run out on 31st Dec. I have them in the for sale section on BF giving them away to anyone who is interested.
Old 15-12-05, 21:17

When you go to print the form there is a page showing waiting times for each country - the UK seems to be the worst at 30 odd days.

Rob
Old 31-12-05, 11:38

I am also a former Nikon SLR film cameras user. I gave up serious photography 20 years ago and gave my cameras and all the Nikkor lenses to my son.
I started interesting in bird fhotography again when I saw the Panasonic FZ20 and bought it. As you know the FZ20 was not designed for the job.

I bought the D50 with 80-400VR lens for bird photography and very happy with it. See my gallery @: http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/....com&password=

I rejected 350D because it does not have spot meter which I consider a must for photographing birds. Canon lenses are not as easily available here in Thailand while I can get any Nikkor lens I want easily. Nikon has their camera manufacturing plant here and give better services.
Old 01-01-06, 00:30

hello, i was thinking about buying a nikon d50, my dad has a d70 which is excellent, i was wondering if anybody could recomend it. also the lenses.

fishingruddy.
Old 01-01-06, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingruddy
hello, i was thinking about buying a nikon d50, my dad has a d70 which is excellent, i was wondering if anybody could recomend it. also the lenses.

fishingruddy.
There are a number of people out there using the D50 and seem very pleased with it. You can read an in depth review here http://www.dpreview.com/ on the left just go to reviews then D50.

To give any thoughts on lenses you will need to post an idea of what you will be photographing. For example - general scenes, close ups, aeroplanes ........

Don