WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

pm

Old 22-07-06, 07:37

Default pm

ok someone has posted a pic and you want to pm them about the subject how do you do that . you can pm peeps who have comented on a pic but how do you pm the poster . thanks if anyone can help
Old 22-07-06, 09:29

Archie,

Firstly, make a note of the user name of the person who posted the pic. Then, if you click on the "user CP" link in the top left corner of any WPF page (after logging in), you will get to the Control Panel that you use to send private messages. From the list on the left hand side select the "Send New Message" option. In the top box marked "Recipient Username(s)" type the name of the person you wish to PM. You can just type in the first three characters of the name and then tab to the next box. You will be presented with a list of possible member names to select from. For example, if I wish to send you a PM, I can type arc in the username box and I am presented with "ARCHIE" in the list of possible member names.

If there's a more direct way of automatically sending a PM without having to note the name I'd like to know as well as Archie.

Regards,

Duncan
Old 22-07-06, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft

If there's a more direct way of automatically sending a PM without having to note the name I'd like to know as well as Archie.

Regards,

Duncan

Well there certainly is on the forum. Simply click on the persons name with your mouse pointer and a drop down menu leads to Send PM. Easy peasy
Old 22-07-06, 09:56
Admin

Yeah, I know about this... it can be a little time consuming. Maybe the next gallery revamp may cure it.

I generally go back to the main forum page, look at the list of everyone who has been on the site in the last 24hrs and click on the name of the person I want to pm.