WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Lenses

Lenses Discussion of Lenses

AF Nikkor 600 AF-S II ED ETC

Old 28-01-06, 10:55

Default AF Nikkor 600 AF-S II ED ETC

I just got a deal on my dream lens that I couldn't turn down, so it's on its way to my home in the UK, I won't get to play with it for a month or two, but in the meantime does anyone have any experience with it that they could pass on? Grateful for any insights, handling tips, experience with telecons anything like that. It's going on a D2x with the 393 head that Andy and Romy use.

£4300 from Aperture used in mint condition (Jessops want £8399 for the IF MF version, and £7890 for this one!) for those interested/guaging a purchase of their own.

Last edited by GavinM; 28-01-06 at 12:36.
Old 29-01-06, 11:41
Admin

Ah, it was you who bought it then This one hadn't escaped my attention and I may have gone for it myself if I hadn't got the last used 600/4 they had.
Can't think of too many tips but one stands out if using a gimbal type head... don't take the camera off the lens unless you already have the lens pointing downwards, the sudden change in balance can make for a scary and rapid drop!
Enjoy!!
Cheers,
Andy
Old 29-01-06, 18:00

Thanks Andy, I've no experience with Gimbal heads at all so that's very much worth knowing! Lens arrived yesterday and I'm told it's better than described, so full marks to aperture again.

Now the torture of waiting to get stuck into it!

Last edited by GavinM; 29-01-06 at 18:03.
Old 29-01-06, 18:09
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinM
Thanks Andy, I've no experience with Gimbal heads at all so that's very much worth knowing!
I knew it but it doesn't always stop you from doing silly things in the heat of the moment and usually involving teleconverters