WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Lens Cradle

Old 16-08-07, 20:11

Default Lens Cradle

Hi to all,
I'm still new to all this but I've recently come across a couple of gadgets I found useful so I thought I would share them with you.
The first is the Kirk NC80-200 replacement lens collar for the AF-S Nikkor 80-200 f2.8D. It is tons better than the original and well worth the expense if you need the collar. You can find it here<http://www.kirkphoto.com/lenscollars.html>.

The second is the "Lens Cradle" . This is a plate that fixes to a lens collar tripod mount and it comes with or without it's own straps. I find it supports long lenses such as the Sigma Bigma,
the 80/70-200 and 80-400 or any large heavy lens with a tripod mount, in a much easier way. There is less strain on the camera mount and it is positioned close to the centre of gravity of most outfits. It also makes changing lenses very easy.
You can find it here <http://lenscradle.com/> or on eBay.The lens cradle comes with a plate that I think is fairly universal to each make of lens ie: Sigma plates,Nikon and Cannon plates. They are metal and each one comes with its own pad and screws so you can screw the cradle to the lens collar and in its base you have a fitting for a quick release tripod plate or straight on a tripod/monopod, and it does take Arca-Swiss plates. The cradle has two"wings" with strap apertures, so the weight is supported through the lens collar. If you keep your body strap on as well, then you can sling the lens for quick change and leave it over your shoulder, then you are not juggling with lenses and bodies and you don't need that second pair of arms we would all find useful at times.

Hope this helps

"I take photos of what I like, If
someone else likes it - that's a bonus!"
Andy M.

Last edited by andy153; 16-08-07 at 20:13.