WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > WPF Photo Competitions Forum

WPF Photo Competitions Forum All the details for the monthly WPF Photo Competitions

Fortnightly Challenge 12th August to midnight 26th August - Rock

Register to see Poll

There is a poll attached to this thread. You must be a fully registered member to be able to view or vote in this poll.

Old 27-08-13, 21:52

Default Rock feature

Can the spirit extend to another late comer? Likewise, the picture is taken in the timescale but I'm at 6's and 7's as usual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1288 v2.jpg (326.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 27-08-13, 21:52

Hope it was ok to make a suggestion.
Old 27-08-13, 21:54

Im ok with it....polls not up yet.
Old 28-08-13, 08:54
Super Moderator

Sorry for the delay but the poll is now up so please vote for your favourite.

(Good job I was late as it allowed for the extra entries).
Old 28-08-13, 17:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiDiva View Post
Its such a shame that entry numbers are so low on here. I have a suggestion that might help pull in some interest but Im new here, don't want to rock any boats or come across as a bit mouthy.

The whole point of these forums for me, is to learn, show off your new skills, your talent, your work...But also find out what other people thinks of your work, in a nice, helpful way of course. This helps you learn and improve in the future. The comps give you a theme and a chance to express yourself.

For me, if I was to receive feedback (critique) it would be helpful for the future. How about introducing critique where we comment about the image above and below our entry? If you are first, your up would be the last entry and if you are last, your down would be the 1st entry. Make sense?

Please be honest, if you think my idea is pants, just say but who doesn't want to know what people thinks about their entry?
Interesting idea, & it potentially give two views on ones work. I'd be quite happy to receive and offer critique as Digi has suggested. Receiving feedback, made in the right spirit, is obviously helpful... & having to offer feedback makes one think about why an image does or maybe does not work.

Whether other people feel the same way I don't know? Would the idea of receiving critique put people off from entering? Do people feel qualified to offer critique on other people work? Would the thought of having to provide critique put people off from entering? Is it worth a try?

What does anyone else think?
Old 28-08-13, 21:11

I think it just gives a little more purpose to the weekend comp, a learning curve as well as fun. Even though there may be people who don't think they know enough 'techy stuff' to leave critique, its surprising what you can say, even if you think an angle, or a colour or a style works or is to your taste.
Old 29-08-13, 07:42

Maybe critique is the wrong word comment could be better. Think you would need to have a comments welcome/not welcome option or it could put some off entering.
The idea of critique the next photo excludes people who did not enter. It would need to be made plane anyone may critique.
Another thought which could go together or not with Digi's idea is to say why you voted for the photo you voted for. I am happy to try Digi's idea.
What interests me is why so few enter. I enter a Flickr site competition and camera club comps but still enjoy the WPF comp. Wonder if there is any way to find out why people don't enter?
Old 29-08-13, 07:51

I like that idea too, however, inviting none entrants to comment might be a friutless task. I have only entered one photo on this site in the critique thread and got 1 reply. Was a waste of time to be fair, only one comment.At least if the entrants have the chance to comment, at least you are getting some feedback. If the entrants and non entrants get the chance to comment, all the better but im not expecting many non entrants to comment.
Old 30-08-13, 22:32

Exciting run up to the end of voting!
Old 31-08-13, 08:57
Super Moderator

A three way tie... So over to you Arthur for the next challenge.

Apologies for all for setting it and then not entering, school holidays meant I lost track of time!