WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

The D810

Old 29-06-14, 21:18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel G View Post
ROFLOL . We'll see!!
Made me smile too... I can't say that I have ever thought that. For me there is always another one to think about and to save up for. That said it has been a whole week since I last bought a camera!
Old 29-06-14, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel G View Post
Get yourself an Oly 50-200 for the E-M1 and forget the 100-400. Its a superb lens, will cost far less than any new Canon offering even with the MMF3 adapter and with the onboard 2x converter you get 800mm at f3.5

Incidentally, I tried the 2x converter in RAW today and if you review the frame in camera it shows you the full frame with a 2x crop box - still not convinced what this really does.
Mmm, having just got the Olly I have to be good for a while....They bring out the 300mm f4 next year (600mm f4 equivelant) so with 2x crop =1200mm f4. Then stick the rumoured 1.4 converter on that = 1680 f5.6!!!
Yes I was aware of the in camera review showing the crop but you still get a full size file out so that goes along with that interpolation I mentioned. Anyway the main thing is it works jolly well.

Andy as the song goes (G&S): What never, well hardly ever!
And never say never!
Old 02-07-14, 11:10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardcv View Post
Made me smile too... I can't say that I have ever thought that. For me there is always another one to think about and to save up for. That said it has been a whole week since I last bought a camera!
Opps... That didn't last long, bought two more yesterday (a couple of cheapie compacts that will probably get handed along to others).
Old 07-07-14, 18:54

Its a good job we don't have gear lists in our signature on this site. There wouldn't be enough space for yours.
Old 07-07-14, 21:06

Nigel - that's why mine reads "Nikon - More than enough" - By the way do you know where I can find a Sherpa to help me carry it all ...........................
Or are you volunteering to help the elderly ??

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 09-07-14, 05:57

Shakespearian curse states: Man plans, God laughs. Well I am no God but laughed well going through this thread.

IMO, all D810 has to say is lullaby and relaxing words to Canon for their soon to show up 5D mk IV. With the mutation D800 made two years back, I was thinking of replacement could be another deal breaker but no, Just usual old business… a tad play with introducing (not new) Anti-aliasing filter and new name… D810 at best is a facelift of D800E similar to what 5D MK III did to II or even worse. All the improvements c/w D800E is on the paper and seriously I don’t think Andy you should rush to change you existing D800E specially that you have already switched to D800E but then, well I am sure newer D810 fits your shoulder better, in more harmonious way. The only good news is that price is not any higher than previous D800E and B&H here in USA has started selling D810 at US$ 3297 (Body without lens).

This seems to be the reason why I am seeing the lowest prices on D800E recently, including todays ebay’s Daily deal for a penny under $2400 that was the best price I saw in past for D800 and never for a new D800E.

Clive: Will that blue pill do any good for the syndrome you say?

Mike: If you were in last 16 years or so waiting for the new Canon 100-400 to show up, you must be: 1-Very smart to wait on the right product; 2- Very rich, saving all the bucks so far and not spending. But then you know better that It’s not possible to perfect an item that is already perfect (100-400L) or one can add II and III to the name, with a tad change of color or adding / subtracting another red ring on the lens.

Now my only wish is for Canon to have a final word for Nikon, (After beaten badly 2 years back) now that their cat is out of hand and looking like a monozygotic twin of the old baby, hopefully new Canon would be something that I may get convince to sell / retire my 5D II and move to IV.

CANON if you are listening I am talking of build in WiFi, GPS, few more focusing points, less noise on high ISO and hopefully a 4K video with better stereo audio and hopefully integrated ML on the new 5D Mk IV and I discussed all with Santa in detail and had hard time controlling myself not asking him to add an integrated iphone into 5D for the auto firmware update, then social media upload of images or cloud direct connectivity now that my cellphone provider still provides me with unlimited data plan…. Did I hear someone laughing?!

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 09-07-14 at 06:03.
Old 09-07-14, 19:45

Mmm, I seem to be missing out on the rich bit sassan...... Perhaps it is because I have bought other stuff instead.
Old 17-07-14, 22:23

Default And it has arrived !!!!

And here is one of the first results - I was taking some evening shots on Rhyl Beach - when this happened - slightly cropped and no other adjustments apart from resizing.
The sharpness is outstanding - more will be posted later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81D_0022 - Version 2.jpg (209.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by andy153; 17-07-14 at 22:26.
Old 18-07-14, 08:11

And another one

And now for the interesting bits - the 810 has a very quiet shutter, it is lighter than the 800 or 800E; also the right hand grip is deeper and much better ergonomically
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81D_0031.jpg (206.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 81D_0022 - Version 2.jpg (209.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by andy153; 18-07-14 at 14:38. Reason: adding photo
Old 18-07-14, 23:40

Default And 3 more

More 810 pictures - If you follow my link to SmugMug you will find larger versions in the North Wales Gallery
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81D_0066 - Version 2.jpg (169.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 81D_0068.jpg (293.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 81D_0084 - Version 2.jpg (455.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by andy153; 19-07-14 at 08:33.