WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > Macro Photography Technique

Macro Photography Technique Discussions on Macro Photography

How to assemble and shoot stacked rev 50

Old 12-11-06, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Paul View Post
Oh I guess it makes sense to leave the how to, after all.... I just figured it may not be of interest....Thanks for the understanding and space ....Alex
Alex,

The time and effort you have put into this article is greatly appreciated. It should be pointed out that WPF is a relatively small photography forum, there are not hundreds of members on line at all times of the night and day. Of the members, as with ALL forums, the numbers who visit and the numbers who actively post are very different. Of the members who post, not all will want to try this sort of technique, even though they may be interested in how you have achieved such excellent results.

In summary, just because you didn't get dozens of responses within 32 hours of your original post doesn't mean that others were not interested. I can't say that I will ever do this, butI'm interested to know how others do it.

Thank you for your contribution.

Duncan
Old 12-11-06, 12:56

Alex,

It is all very interesting and your latest pics and additional detail are very helpful. Although ultra closups have not been my thing I will most certainly give it a go. It is posts like these that inspire trying out something new.

I do not have the necessary adaptor ring, and my 50mmf1.4 is 52mm thread and 80-200 is 77mm thread, I will test it out on my 200 f4, as Sassans ' duck tape ' trick will work with that.

Now I've just got to modify my micro drive drilling crosstable to fit my tripod.

Don
Old 12-11-06, 21:27

Thanks guys.... I understand and appreciate this forum being a smaller and more personal affair,,,, Believe me that strongly appeals to me... I am happy to have it put in perspective as I wasn't certain about the number of folks here... I have been enjoying looking through lots of posted photos and I am thrilled to see so many outstanding shots.... I have lots to learn in many areas and I can't wait to begin the quest for learning better bird shooting techniques though I try very hard to get the best shots I can.... Time to climb out of the bushes once in a while to dedicate more time to it.... Thanks again for the wonderful comments and believe me when I say I will share every little tid bit of info I have on what I am able to shoot well..... The 80-200 would be a marvelous base lens for the rev 50 ... These focal lengths combined in my opinion work the magic .....Thanks again.... I hope you have a terrific Sunday..... I will post more about the lighting techniques I have been using with my rev 50 set up after I get some of my dreaded chores done around here.... Hopefully later tonight.....Alex
I know they are soft, I know they are out of focus, I know they lack contrast, I know my sensor needs to be cleaned, I know they are noisey, I know I should crop a little off the left side, I know I should find another hobby, but other than that how do you like them??..
Gear: Yes
Old 13-11-06, 14:52

Hi Rob.... The print plate looks outstanding... I worked in a print press for a while, but in the bindery...Running a Cleveland folding machine... It was interesting to see the inner workings of what you guys do... I was just an apprentice but learned a lot while doing the work.... It is quite a field to be in.... One of my good friends runs Murray Printing in Westford, Massachusetts. You have taken me down memory lane as well......Take care....Alex
I know they are soft, I know they are out of focus, I know they lack contrast, I know my sensor needs to be cleaned, I know they are noisey, I know I should crop a little off the left side, I know I should find another hobby, but other than that how do you like them??..
Gear: Yes