WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Second-hand 300D

Old 20-05-07, 12:59

Zeb,

It does seem a lot of money to me for a used 300D., especially as new prices of improved models are falling all the time. I'd save up a bit more and keep looking around in the meantime.

Regards,

Duncan.
Old 20-05-07, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft View Post
Zeb,

It does seem a lot of money to me for a used 300D., especially as new prices of improved models are falling all the time. I'd save up a bit more and keep looking around in the meantime.

Regards,

Duncan.
A new 350D is surely not that much more, so I would have thought that you could get a used 350D for ~£250. I'm not sure how much of a risk it is to buy a used digital camera. I guess the dealer will provide a warranty and 6 months is common. If you already have a Canon lens, it does make sense to stick with Canon, unless there is a really good reason to switch.
Old 20-05-07, 22:41

The way I see it as we have discovered in various threads here. There is no real way to check shutter actuations on any used Canon or the earlier Nikons. In view of that some sort of warranty would be at the top of my list.

Anyone paid for a new shutter to know how much ????

Don
Old 21-05-07, 17:45

Don,
cost me €200 for a new shutter mechanism. Need I say more?
Old 25-05-07, 22:28

Well, I ended up buying the camera after having a long chat with the peeps behind the counter. Decided to go ahead with it as the camera had all the cables/manuals/charger etc. and they also threw in a 512MB CF card at a reduced price of £17 to £5. They've looked after my mother's camcorder hobby for the past few years and have often gone out of their way to deliver - top quality after sales.

Been snapping like a kid at xmas and spent a short while in the garden taking loads of pics of the flowers - I think I really want a macro lens

I'm totally blown away by the quality of some of the pictures.
Old 25-05-07, 23:06

That's great news!...glad you like the camera.
If you not want to spend a fortune on a true macro lens straight away try some extension tubes....around £70 from a dealer or cheaper online or s/h will get you a set of three....

you got the photography bug again!
Old 25-05-07, 23:50

Sure have! It's dark now and I wish it was light so I can drive the car out to Dartmoor and take a load of pics! I'm going to borrow a couple tripods for a trip I've arranged on Thursday with a mate who recently bought a Nikon D50.

Going to see how the day goes and try and visit various places like old buildings, forests, dartmoor etc.

Thanks for info on extension tubes - will look into those