WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Eos 30d

Old 18-11-09, 22:51

Default Eos 30d

EOS 30D now available used for 350 pounds. Has anyone found any flaws with the 30D, small or otherwise?
Old 19-11-09, 00:34

Alex, you mean you've found one for £350?
An excellent camera. Might on paper be getting 'long in the tooth', but in the real world its still a very capable machine and quite able to deliver outstanding results.
I sold one of those boxed on tuesday, with an aftermarket hahnel grip and 28-90 canon lens (addmittedly a lens originally designed for film eos, but worked ok, and made it more appealing to a first time Canon Eos user) for just over £350....and that price is 'on the high street' with a shop warranty, so if you're hunting around and don't mind private sellers (like the guys here on WPF, for example)...you should be able to pick one up for around £300 boxed

Last edited by Joe; 19-11-09 at 00:58.
Old 19-11-09, 00:51

Alex, I got mine, new, just as the 40D was introduced (I believe in giving new tech plenty of time to 'bed in') and its never put a foot wrong yet....... I have, but that's not the 30D's fault. Coming up to 50 000 clicks now and no sign of it dying just yet.

+'s The ergonomics are just right for me (gripped or not), it's fairly light.
-'s Could do with slightly more mega pixels, but for what I usually print (8" x 12") its pretty damned good, Could also do with an higher ISO capability for me as it tends to get a bit noisy at or above ISO 500 (not that I mind noise/grain, but I think digi noise is just plain ugly). finally the AF. It can struggle following a moving target.

Old 19-11-09, 12:03
Super Moderator

The 30D is a very nice camera, and is still well worth buying. You should be able to get one for a bit less than £350 though, there's a boxed one for sale on here at the moment for £300 - http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...ead.php?t=5196
Old 19-11-09, 17:13

Thank you very much for your input, I shall certainly check that out.