WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Photoshop total dominance?

Old 11-01-06, 11:23

WOW! People are prepared to pay several hundred pounds extra for a software product that they only use between 5 and 30% of...and I am talking about amatuer use - standards can be a pain and expensive but tax deductable for pros

So, what features are in PS CS that are not available in Elements or PSP and are CRITICAL (i.e. worth hundreds of pounds) to manipulating your amatuer images?

Cheers Mark.
Old 11-01-06, 15:42

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw_aurora
WOW! People are prepared to pay several hundred pounds extra for a software product that they only use between 5 and 30% of...and I am talking about amatuer use - standards can be a pain and expensive but tax deductable for pros

So, what features are in PS CS that are not available in Elements or PSP and are CRITICAL (i.e. worth hundreds of pounds) to manipulating your amatuer images?

Cheers Mark.
Don't forget that most of the features used by many of us are available in GIMP or Photfiltre and they are both free downloads.
The problem with GIMP. in my view, is that it is so user unfriendly. The help files don't. Photofiltre is better in that this regard. The main reason I switched to PS 7 was because I hoped it would be cleared in its instruction manual etc.
And by the way, I bought mine on Ebay and payed a much lower price.