WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Does anyone use a Wacom tablet?

Old 29-12-07, 17:18

Default Does anyone use a Wacom tablet?

`Hi out there. Does anyone use a Wacom tablet with Photoshop or other programs? Do you find it a help?

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 29-12-07, 17:33

Yes!

Very useful although when you are deciding it seems a lots of money for something you could do with a mouse.

Wacom tablet allows a break from the mouse and speeds things up requiring less mental agility for the same goal.

I was lucky and had one given to me. When I migrated to a Mac the same one did not work so an upto date Wacom tablet (in white) was soon sourced.
Old 29-12-07, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy153 View Post
`Hi out there. Does anyone use a Wacom tablet with Photoshop or other programs? Do you find it a help?
Andy, I'm using it for last eight years. Not only with Photoshop but all other applications. So much so, I don't use mouse at all at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Vulpes View Post
Yes!

Very useful although when you are deciding it seems a lots of money for something you could do with a mouse.

Wacom tablet allows a break from the mouse and speeds things up requiring less mental agility for the same goal.

I was lucky and had one given to me. When I migrated to a Mac the same one did not work so an upto date Wacom tablet (in white) was soon sourced.
Isn't your WACOM is with USB connect? If yes then what's the issue?
Old 30-12-07, 01:49

Interesting thread, I have often thought about one. It must make detailed selections a bit easier.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 01-05-08, 19:30

Has anyone got any recommendations for which particular model, for enthusiast use, rather than a graphics professional.
Old 01-05-08, 19:44

Duncan for your usage, go for 9 X 12 size. Product name is INTUOS 3. http://www.wacom.com/intuos/9x12.cfm
Old 01-05-08, 20:12

I have a graphire 4, A5. A5 as in paper size but is being phased into XL. Anything smaller i.e A6 would be too small. I dont think the Graphire will be made for much longer so a bargain might be had.

I suggest the A5 size is perfect, large enough to provide fine control of the pointer and not too large to clutter the desk when not in use.

I use the tablet on 100% of my aviation photos but only 10% of wpf stuff which only get minor touching up with the mouse because I am not processing photo after photo unlike my aviation photos.
Old 01-05-08, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Vulpes View Post
I use the tablet on 100% of my aviation photos but only 10% of wpf stuff which only get minor touching up with the mouse because I am not processing photo after photo unlike my aviation photos.
Stephen, your mouse should be out of your desktop. It does 10% of your tablet anyway....
Old 01-05-08, 20:33

Hmmm, Rudra's comment on mouse has made me think. I'm left handed, so I'd be using a tablet pen in my left hand. But, I use a mouse right handed, and a joystick too for that matter. It might all get a bit cluttered on the desktop with both devices. Debbi will want to continue using a mouse, so that will have to stay within reach on the desktop. Given the amount of space I have, and the need to retain mouse area, I'm certain an A4 tablet would be far too big. It may take quite a bit of getting used to using a pen, especially as I've been conditioned to using a mouse in RH for so long now.

Duncan
Old 02-05-08, 04:02

No I am not using... That is last time I use one of these was on Commodore 64 and it was a light pen to be used on screen, some 20 years back....

May be that is why I am developing a blister on top of my right index finger that has to rub against that not so soft touch pad of my laptop when working with PS.

Good head rising and suggestion Andy that needs a farther look especially when Rudra is so happy with it.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN