WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

how do i make the image smaller

Old 20-02-06, 01:42

Default how do i make the image smaller

how do i make an image smaller w/o actually making it smaller so i can up load it to this website

Last edited by seaweasel91; 20-02-06 at 03:32.
Old 20-02-06, 08:00

Hi seaweasel,

You need an image editing program of some sort. Assuming you are using a Windows based PC, you may already have one installed, such as Microsoft Photo Editor. If you are using a digital camera then it may have come bundled with an editing program too.

Load the image you want to resize into the editing program and then look through the drop-down menu options for an "Image Resize" type of command. You will need to resize to no more than 1600x1600 as the absolute maximum size allowed on this site. Bear in mind that many people won't be using screen resolutions this large and would need to scroll around the picture to see it all, this isn't popular with many people as they like to see the whole picture on the screen at once. Try resizing to keep the max horizontal dimension to no more than 1024.

You also need to save the file so that it is no bigger than 400kb file size. Ideally you should try and keep your file size to less than about 175kb as some people will still be using dial-up connections and won't wait for a very large file to load.

Regards,

Duncan.