WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Decorating Photography!!

Old 06-04-08, 20:39

Default Decorating Photography!!

Let me explain
Got up this morning and Tina says, " what would you like do do today?"
Me " go out and try my new D300"
Tina " you promised me you would strip the wallpaper off in the kitchen so you can start the decorating that you said you would do 3 month ago!"
Me " but I got a new camera two weeks ago and I know I was out all last week and all day yesterday but I have to learn how to use it so I can take nice photo's of you,"
Tina "You know I don't like my photo taken,you really must get on with the decorating dear."
Well it so happened that I when I bought the D300 I knew that the cable release from my D80 wouldn't fit, So I went on to flea-bay and found thishttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phottix-Cleon-...em200210724619 so I ordered it last week and it arrived Yesterday (Saturday)
So getting back to my Problem of me wanting to photograph and Tina wanting me to decorate I thought why not kill two birds with one stone (excuse the pun)
so I set the D300 on tripod with remote control attached and pointed at the bird feeding tray and went inside with transmitter in hand, Started to decorate with one eye on the bird tray one hand on the transmitter and one hand holding the wallpaper scraper.
And here are the results.
So just to prove that us men can multi-task.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blackbird.jpg (184.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Pigeon.jpg (152.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Starling.jpg (164.1 KB, 21 views)

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos
Old 06-04-08, 20:44
Chris

hope you don't end up with Nikon crumble, sounds as if pushing luck! And can you still afford some new wallpaper?
Old 06-04-08, 20:57

I've Done the Hard part, Tina can do the easy part, painting the ceiling and all the woodwork, paper hanging and refitting the curtains etc

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos
Old 06-04-08, 23:20

Nice work Lello - do they do a model that plugs into the wife though? I suppose we can all dream about how easy that would make our lives -eh?

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 07-04-08, 00:12
Super Moderator

So does this remote release also zoom the lens and change the camera settings? The first shot is at 82mm f5.0 ISO 640 and the other two at 135mm f14 ISO 800

Me thinks that you weren't doing quite as mush wallpaper scraping as you pretended to Tina
Old 07-04-08, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders View Post
So does this remote release also zoom the lens and change the camera settings? The first shot is at 82mm f5.0 ISO 640 and the other two at 135mm f14 ISO 800

Me thinks that you weren't doing quite as mush wallpaper scraping as you pretended to Tina
I can not tell a lie , I did keep going out and adjusting the camera settings when Tina was out of eye shot

Lelsphotos
Old 07-04-08, 19:52

Well you have proved the photography bit of the multi tasking but has the decorating done at the same time passed the Tina Test?