WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Focus screens for MF lenses on Nikon D bodies

Old 03-01-08, 21:04

I'd just like to add.
I have someone going out of his way to help me....and another who just offered a camera to me for free...

I can't stress how good this forum is and how helpful people have been....
many thanks
Old 08-01-08, 11:43

Just had a chat with a very helpful guy at Ffordes photographic....He'd heard of the problem before when D1 series stuff was current. Unfortunately, he doesn't think an F6 screen will properly seat in the frame of a D1 series camera, due to different screen thickness. However, another FM K type screen has been ordered from him, which I guess will make do...as long as I take time out to align it centred properly.

Last edited by Joe; 08-01-08 at 11:45.
Old 09-01-08, 20:46

My new screen arrived today. The FM camera fit K2 type just needs the dremel on it to remove the tab, which is in the wrong place for the D1 series cameras.

....I've also bought a s/h F6 screen online "just to see"....and yes, I should have believed the helpful guy at Ffordes when I spoke with him!. The screen is about half a mm too large in width depth and thickness...quite a large unit, even for a full frame viewfinder..Pretty exsensive dremel work to modify, even if I were to attempt it (I'm not going there)

So, I now have a screen for a Nikon F6 which will probably go on the sales page!
oh well...I had to find out the hard way! LOL
Old 10-01-08, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
oh well...I had to find out the hard way! LOL
Sorry the F6 screen did not work Joe. I guess its the price you pay for being a pioneer.

I went through a similar experience with Stevies old Yashicamat 124 a few years ago. Really dim screen fitted to that camera.
I finally sorted that out after some trials with a Bronica SQAi screen and a bit of shimming.

Don
Old 11-01-08, 18:08

That's ok. I live and learn...
Thanks for all your help and info anyway Don.
I'm sure that the thread will be of use to someone searching the archive in the future for Nikon focus screen info, due to your excellent Nikon system scans