WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Delkin Pop-Up Shades

Old 24-09-06, 17:36

Question Delkin Pop-Up Shades

When in bright light I find it almost impossible to chimp to check histogram or even to check for blinkies. In fact in bright light I just don't bother anymore .... too frustrating.

I am wondering if any members have experiece of the Delkin Pop-Up Shade. Does it do what it says on the tin. At a UK price of around £35 I though it wise to ask before buying. This is not an item that my local dealer stocks, so I cannot check it out for myself. Link http://www.delkin.com/products/popupshades/pro/

Don
Old 24-09-06, 19:41

I too have problems viewing the LCD screen on the D2X in bright conditions. I always turn my back to the sun before viewing pics or histogram. In exceptionally bright conditions I sometimes remove the LCD screen cover temporarily as glare can add to the situation. I personally would not consider a pop-up shade I could always shade the screen with a cupped hand while camera/lens on neck-strap.

Chimping is a must of only to review a histogram.
Old 24-09-06, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post
I personally would not consider a pop-up shade I could always shade the screen with a cupped hand while camera/lens on neck-strap.
I would definately have to agree, save yer money Don. Lets face it these things are just not cool anyway That aside they add to the bulk of the camera, get in the way when up and frankly I can't see me keeping it on for long.

There are times when chimping is only going to give you an indication that the pictures in the bag. You have to put your faith in the fact that the image was in focus and correctly exposed. You know just like you did with film I just can't imagine that with such sophisticated metering and the use of Raw mode that you are going to go far wrong anyway.