WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Canon printer and the colour blue.

Old 18-11-06, 20:00

printer (Boots) and I need a home printer anyway. The time of day when I like to print is in the evening anyway so they are closed. I like to print what I like when I like (A4 mostly) so no contest for me.[/quote]

Hi - thanks for the comments - For the last eight weeks I have been on a photography course at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh and this has given me such pleasure to photograph beautiful plants, some of the very rare. I love printing two or three each week and as I say, it is only the blue flowers that cause me problems - shame as there is something special about blue flowers. I took beautiful orchid today - probably not a good composition but the veining in the petals is wonderful and the overall plant so striking - does it print out well? No, lost all the veining in the print and more a wishy washy pink/blue rather than the striking colour shown. Never mind, had a good time!

Cheers

Stuart R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0005 copy.jpg (97.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 20-11-06, 10:05
Super Moderator

Default ProAm Imaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart R View Post
Never sent a photo for lab processing but might give it a whirl - any recommendations?
When I want lab printed pictures I use ProAm Imaging in Bradford. They are VERY cheap (£1 for 16x12/18x12 ) and they achieve it by asking that you prepare your images to a certain profile & dpi, resized ready in folders according to size. There are full instructions on their website along with the profile that you need. I have written a Photoshop action to do the conversion for me once Ive resized the image to the size I require. The action is in the attached zip file for anyone interested and their current profile can be obtained here. To install the profile, download it, right click, click install. To install the action, extract and then drag onto the actions pallate in PS

They charge £4 postage but if I send a disk on Monday I find the prints are usually back Wed/Thur and the quality is excellent. Monochromes are particularly good without any cast (that I can see) which is nigh on impossible to achieve on a colour printer at home unless printing without colour. For small batches I've used Jessops who I find quite good but comparatively expensive for larger prints.

What ever you do – don’t use Tesco’s
Attached Files
File Type: zip ProAm.zip (730 Bytes, 1 views)