WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > General Photography Technique

General Photography Technique Discussion on General Photography Technique

Over 1300 photos and 110 hours later

Old 07-12-11, 12:20

Ha ha, no worries. To be honest i didnt read too much into anything as i didnt really read the words first. Im the guy that sees click here and does hence what i did first and then read what you had said.

Im in creative marketing so when i look at something i really analyse it. I have to be creative as my clients as at the forefront of technology and are constantly striving to break new ground and therefore so do we. Whenever i approach a new project i always set an agenda and have a target as to my end aim. When you are working with a company like Mclaren or Lotus F1 you have to be crystal clear. I love the concept of your project but it seems to be lacking in visual drama. I dont want to sit with my nose against a monitor trying to work out what a tint character is doing. There is as i say some lovely and clever little touches to the video but the majority should be exactly that, not a minority. The best piece of marketing of late i saw was from Nokia for the Lumia ft deadmau% on the side of Millbanl tower. If you havent seen it, check it out. Now to me that was both clever and visually stunning although is ever so slightly too long but hey?

But i always appreciate everything that goes into a project and you cant always get it right, although it helps when you have a hard nosed client!!!
Old 07-12-11, 12:29

Default Re:..110 hours later

Cheers for the advice dude, I'll check out that video when I can! Who do you work for? Got a link?

Nice one!
Old 07-12-11, 12:33

Hey, no worries. I thought i was the only person who still used the word Dude (means camel shit in Egypt by the way so never call anyone there Dude!!!)

Link: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertai...london/9805366
Old 07-12-11, 19:33

Well dudes both, I stopped watching the video dorsetman mentioned after about 90 seconds. Far too long so unless you have a particular interest in either the subject matter or the process of making the video itself then you will lose your audience. New 'phone? I want to know about facts such as specifications and what makes it superior (supposedly) to other phones. A little bit of glitzy intro to grab initial attention is fine but that's it as far as I am concerned. Hey ho, I'm a grumpy old man I guess.
Old 07-12-11, 22:16

Default re:...110 hours later

Yes, the video wasn't a technical masterpiece but I think what dorsetman was getting at was the creative marketing aspect (that presumably my video was missing). The idea of staging a gig and projecting an animation onto a building as part of the gig. I would imagine that for the younger people at the event it would have been epic! They will remember that day for a long time. If there were someone on this forum who witnessed said event then I'm sure they would say that the video didn't really do it justice.

Watch my video again, it'll cheer you up lol.

PEACE!