WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

embarrassing or wot!!!!

Old 09-03-07, 16:42

Default embarrassing or wot!!!!

Hi guys me again, i cant get enough of asking questions now...i'm sooo addicted!!! I'd like to know how many of you feel embarrassed when taking photo's out in public. Some people can give you really funny looks and that just ends up making me put my camera away and missing some really good shots. The only place i don't feel awkward is when i'm visiting the Wetlands Centre in Barnes coz everybody has their cameras with them. How many of you feel the same?
Old 09-03-07, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
Hi guys me again, i cant get enough of asking questions now...i'm sooo addicted!!! I'd like to know how many of you feel embarrassed when taking photo's out in public. Some people can give you really funny looks and that just ends up making me put my camera away and missing some really good shots. The only place i don't feel awkward is when i'm visiting the Wetlands Centre in Barnes coz everybody has their cameras with them. How many of you feel the same?
It depends what my subject is. Views, plants etc - no problem. Some people get curious when I set up the tripod or lie in the mud with a camera, but generally I find them interested rather than objecting. People shots are a different matter though. I was asked recently to provide some publicity shots for a local charity event - this meant getting photo release forms signed by people in the shots, and doing a bit of guidance/posing the subjects. Much harder than it looks! I think I'll stick to nature.
Old 09-03-07, 17:32

I dont do people i'm afraid unless they are candid shots of my family so no problems there and i have to admit to never using my tripod unless i'm shooting plants. Maybe i should toughen up abit and stop being so divvy!!!
Old 09-03-07, 17:36

I know exactly what you mean! I always feel really self-conscious, although to be fair when I have been approached it's because people are interested.
Old 09-03-07, 17:42

I've never been approached by anyone because the funny looks are enough for me. I scarper before anyone has a chance to say anything. I'm too gutless! Lol
Glad i'm not the only one!!!
Old 09-03-07, 18:10

Yeah, I used to be just the same. I must be getting thicker skinned!
Old 09-03-07, 18:14

1.Feeling funny and wondering what they think when I pass by for the hundredth time trying to catch a certain pose. 2.I wonder when the cops will show up and wonder if I'm checking out places to rob. Just a few of the thoughts running thru my head as I look for shots I really want.
And no I don't feel funny with the tripod because I never use it in public.

"It's just one opinion and you know everyone's got one."
Old 09-03-07, 18:23

I was at Victoria Coach Station in London the other day. Waiting for my coach I could see all these fantastic candid shots, loads of potential, interesting faces everywhere. Never in a million years would I be brave enough though - semi-rural Cambridgeshire is one thing, Victoria Coach Station is quite another!
Old 09-03-07, 21:01

I just wonder if you might be better off wearing a hi-viz vest with "press" on the back and your`e dslr hanging off your shoulder.

But I know what you mean,once you start clicking everyone around you starts looking round.
Old 09-03-07, 23:19

I am at a loss as to why anyone would feel embarrassed or shy to do what they love doing once it is leagle, not hurting or bothering anyone. what is there to be embarrassed about??? It is not as if you have been cought having a pee in the bush or worse; all you are doing is taking pictures. I think anyone having a problem with me taking a photograph will have a bigger problem if they say anything as it would be them that is messed up. All you are doing is taking a photograph........ and some people walk thair dogs.