WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Adding Sound Captions to Slides

Old 01-08-06, 19:41

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA

It seems that pictures must be imported and/or moved one at a time rather in a block?
Old 01-08-06, 21:16

Pics can be imported in blocks (e.g. I can use the Ctrl and shift keys to select many pictures for importing). However, the imported pics all end up at the end of the storyboard, and if I already have 20 images in the stream and want the new ones to go into the middle of the existing stream, the only way I've been able to do it is to highlight newly imported images one at a time, and hit the left arrow button multiple times to move that one image, then go back to select a new image, multiple left arrows, etc. Multiple selections via ctrl and shift don't work for rearranging on the storyboard screen.

Life gets easier if all the images to be imported are in one folder, and can be sorted by date/time (chronological order) or by alphabetical order. A project I'm working on now, I'm taking photos daily and trying to keep the project updated on a daily basis, but unfortunately the pictures won't be ordered strictly by ascending time.

The first time I used Photostory was for a friend's vacation slideshow, so that application lended itself to creating a new project, having a folder with all edited images arranged in ascending name order (Img0010, Img0011, Img0012_modified, Img0014, Img0020_rotated, etc), and importing them as a group in the correct order.
Old 04-08-06, 12:47

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA

I finally finished the project. It runs 25.5 minutes and is complete with pictures, background music and narration. The built in effects work really well, giving almost a movie feel to the the project. I'm very pleased with the overall result but think that I could have done better with the narration. The mike seems very noisy when it switches on and off. The recording volume may have been set too high.
My wife even admitted to being impressed. Next step - bore the relatives with vacation pictures.