WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

curves in PS elements 4?

Old 03-09-06, 17:24

No there is not a simple method like that. Adobe think that if you are knowlagable enough to use curves then the input and output figures with the ability to set points on the curve should be enough.

You can get round it to display the clipping points like levels by using a Curves adjustment layer grouped with the original image and a threshold adjustment layer sitting on top....Alternatively use the curves plugin I posted as this displays the clipping points for highlight and shadows and also as the advantage of you being able to select multiple nuetral points as well

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography
Old 03-09-06, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftysnapper
You can't go wrong with this one..the best free curves plugin for Elements, I reccomend it to all my students.and belive I put a link to it before in this forum

http://free.pages.at/easyfilter/curves.html

Thanks for this Crafty - downloaded and ready to play !
Old 08-09-06, 21:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedal View Post
thanks Stephen; it is not quite that desperate, I have curves in my ancient but user-friendly mac prog 'Color-it', just it has only had 1 quick port to OSX in 4 years and transfer of images to-and-from other progs is not quite as seamless as I would like. Following a techies buy-out it will no doubt come up to scratch soon.

You might like to download Adobe Lightroom beta for free, Available for PC & Mac at http://www.adobe.com/go/labs_gnav_home

I have been playing with this for a while & am very impressed so far, It has curves & a huge array of features & is very user friendly
There are some bugs & glitches but these are to be expected from a beta version

Well worth a look

Regards Bish.
Old 11-09-06, 12:23
Chris

more thanks to everyone for nice suggestions, unfortunately still back to square 1 as Lightroom only runs on Mac OS10.4 and I am still dragging my heels with 10.3.9, which is mainly worse than 10.2.8. It really bugs me how the large software houses gang up to keep trying to get us to upgrade things that work perfectly well already by this failure to keep compatbility, especially Apple, who until they grabbed the Ipod generation, always made everything, even real oldies, compatible . Prefer to pay $30 to an independent.

Last edited by Chris; 11-09-06 at 12:26.