WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Advice needed

Old 14-10-10, 15:13

Default Advice needed

Hi folks

I hope some one can help me here as I seem to be drawing a blank where ever I look. My problem is this .I would like to get some shots printed up but the places I have tried will only print photos to a certain size’s like 6x4. I have a lot of shots that have odd crop sizes as I have used a freeform crop to achieve the composition I like. What I need is some where that will just print the files I send them. I would like to have a say on the size of the final print, say 12”, 16” or 20” for the width of a panoramic shot and have then constrain the proportions so my photo does not come out stretched or compressed. I hope this question is clear enough as I am a bit short on the old tec speak. I should also mention that cost it a consideration here as I am not looking to spend loads of cash on printing.

Thanks for reading.

Daf.
Old 14-10-10, 20:19

Daf,

If you use a send some shots to photobox.co.uk and select the print option "shrink to fit", then the image will be shrunk so the whole image fits on the paper. Depending on the aspect ratio of the image, and the relative aspect ratio of the printing paper, you will get whit edges at either the top/bottom, or the sides, but you can then get your scissors out and trim them off if you want.
Old 14-10-10, 22:53

Cheers for that yelvertoft thats exactly the advice i was seeking. Im going to give it a go and try it out!!
Old 15-10-10, 09:53

A craft knife, metal rule and cutting matt will be better for trimming. will give you a more professional look.