WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Photography Blues

Old 09-10-10, 11:59

Thanks for all the help. I feel I need to expose some B&W film and the grey tedium of a Redingensian October will render well in monochrome (the joke goes that Reading looks the same in mono as in colour!) On a different vein I am volunteering at a local old folk's home and may be running a photography group there, maybe with a digital P&S but I may bring in a more oldie-friendly vintage SLR. Either way there may be the opportunity for some expressive portraits =)

Alex
Old 09-10-10, 14:03

I been feeling the same way as you since I came back from Lanzarote. I live in Newport, in South Wales, and is not a pretty place.
How about trying urban night shots after is been raining. Is something that I want to try. I seen some really nice pictures of very non interesting places that come to live in the camera after rain because of all the interesting deflexions from all different sources of light at night. Specially slow speed photography on traffic areas with wet surfaces.
Old 15-10-10, 07:56

Hey....Have you guys been taking the same pills as me.....?....lol..
I have come to a standstill with my photography too.....I even made a trek to find some fly agaric a couple of days ago and didn't even manage a decent picture....Found loads of the things,just couldn't get the pic I wanted......Oh well...I'm sure it will all come back(hopefully)....Hope you all get your mojo back soon..
Take care
Sharon....x
Old 16-10-10, 21:41

Hi Alex - I live in the North Coast of Ireland with outstanding beauty and even here I get the photography blues really the only answer is to go out with an open mind and try. Last week I took a shot of a farmer ploughing a field, sent it to my local BBC and forgot about it - tonight it was on our local weather forecast - this gave me a lift. Why not try a few weather pics and sent to your local BBC and see if they show it during the local weather. Just a wee bit of encouragement, I don't know if other regions do this, I think BBC Scotland do. Many times when I'm out nothing happens and sometimes nature throws a little surprise - look for the surprise. Best wishes - Marydoll.
Old 17-10-10, 15:17

What about looking at Amazon, i pick up a table top studio kit for £31, which includes lights. you can then practice macro. Remember there always something to photograph to home your skills. Keep your camera on.

Ian P