WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > Macro Photography Technique

Macro Photography Technique Discussions on Macro Photography

New to the forum..Posting some shots

Old 09-11-06, 20:45

Default New to the forum..Posting some shots

I hope this is the right place for these.... I hope you like the shots....Take care.....Alex

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...gs10060162.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...5010060562.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...sels3etc-7.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...sels3etc-1.jpg
Thanks for looking....
I know they are soft, I know they are out of focus, I know they lack contrast, I know my sensor needs to be cleaned, I know they are noisey, I know I should crop a little off the left side, I know I should find another hobby, but other than that how do you like them??..
Gear: Yes
Old 09-11-06, 23:48

Thumbs up

Hi Alex,

Good to see you here.

Normal place for posting would be in the Gallery. However pics in a thread with an explanation of how you got there are always MOST welcome. As far as I am aware the same rules apply as to Gallery posts though, only 4 per day. I have split some of my posts particularly in the Flash thead over 2 or 3 days, toooo many pics or graphics.

I would say from looking at these that you have a good technique, and would hope you will share info, so that it will be of benefit to all members.

Looking forward to more with great interest.

Don
Old 10-11-06, 01:57

Thank you very much Don... I will happily follow the rules... I have been shooting the reversed 50 stacked for some time now and I am always happy to share that technique... I have a couple of successful "How to" threads running elsewhere and I wish I knew how to type with more than two fingers because it is hard to keep up with the PM's and emails .... I will copy and post it here if there is enough interest.....Once exposed to mega mags for much less than an MP-E with capable high quality images it is hard to say no.. As far as shooting with "normal" macro lenses of course I am also heavily addicted. I am always learning and also happy to pass on what I have figured out or been taught by shooters that make my jaw drop when I view their work. I am sure there are a fair share here as well and I look forward to the exchanges.........Thanks again Don.... I look forward to having fun with all of you.....Alex
I know they are soft, I know they are out of focus, I know they lack contrast, I know my sensor needs to be cleaned, I know they are noisey, I know I should crop a little off the left side, I know I should find another hobby, but other than that how do you like them??..

Last edited by Alex Paul; 10-11-06 at 02:05.
Old 10-11-06, 11:01

Hi Alex,

Good to see you posting some excellent images. As Don has said, the gallery would be the normal place for showing your work. Here is fine too for this sort of subject matter, but additional notes with an explanation of how you got them would be very helpful in this forum.

Another place they could have been parked would be the Critique sub-forum.

You can tell, we're an easy going bunch here, your sig suggests you're not used to such a relaxed style of photography forums.
Old 10-11-06, 13:29

Yelvertoft: It is nice to be here....It was rough out there... The sig is just a joke to soften the cruel critiques out there that feel every post should look just like the work of everybody who is anybody. Of course critiques have always been and always will be glady accepted and are helpful. Thank you for the welcome and I will be happy to share everything I know which shouldn't take more than a few minutes..... I will add technique info to my macro shots, and post a "How to" put together and shoot the stacked rev 50 piece I wrote. It has been received well and motivated a fair number of photographers to try the mega macro stuff.... It is a fun and interesting little world isn't it?? ..... Thanks again.....Alex