WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

Internet Explorer 7 RC1

Old 01-10-06, 17:43

Default Internet Explorer 7 RC1

I maybe a little behind the times but I have just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 RC1. Its seems much more efficient and allows greater screen use with little clutter or large un-used icons.

Has anyone else upgraded to this version and has anyone encountered any problems.
Old 01-10-06, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post
I maybe a little behind the times but I have just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 RC1. Its seems much more efficient and allows greater screen use with little clutter or large un-used icons.

Has anyone else upgraded to this version and has anyone encountered any problems.
I've had the IE7 Beta installed for some time. I haven't got to grips with it and consequently don't like it. Hopefully this update will be better.

TBH my browser of choice is Firefox, a much better program IMHO
Old 01-10-06, 22:11

I honestly don't understand why anyone even bothers trying it. Even if you set the appalling security problems of this product family aside (which you certainly should not, as they are unmatched in the industry), the various IEs are years behind the leaders for usability and interface improvements, and are utterly hated within the web designer community for their non-compliance with standards and consequent rendering errors, each of which requires tedious, clumsy and expensive workarounds.

I'll have to install it and test it when it's out of beta, unfortunately, in order to see what page layout mistakes this version produces, and figure out ways to make it display the page as designed (as the modern browsers generally do as a matter of routine, no extra work required), but it's difficult to imagine this stable producing a decent browser that I'd use by choice when they have a history of producing nothing but duds.
Old 02-10-06, 10:46

When I was younger and much more foolish I would try the latest and greatest from the likes of Netscape and Microsoft. I simply dont bother anymore but I noticed a copy and paste function from another forum had been solved in IE7 so I downloaded on the company laptop and tried it. I seems extremely easy to use allowing a user to view more of the screen than I.E 6.

The use of tabs allows multiple simultaneous sites within one occurance of the application. I can browse lots of sites and switch between them instead of back and forth on the task bar.

Favourites have been refined so they disappear off screen when a selection has been made.

I did not realize it was a beta version but I suppose 'Real Candidate 1' does suggest beta.

I assume it will be available as an automatic windows update in the fullness of time.

I must admit I dont like change but I do like this!
Old 02-10-06, 17:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post

Stephen, I have not used IE for years now I only use Mozilla Firefox, I have tried IE7 but is still not as good as Firefox IMO. Give it a try you don't have to use it once installed you will be able to use either.

Cheers
Canon EOS 1D MKIII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM | Canon 1.4x II and 2.0x II Extenders (TC's).
Old 03-10-06, 14:54

Another vote for Firefox here. Haven't bothered with IE since installing FF. Only use IE for sites (such as "Windows Updates") that simply refuse to work with FF.

Duncan
Old 03-10-06, 15:02

And yet another user of Firefox.

Leif
Old 04-10-06, 10:01
Chris

me too and as a mac user preferring FF to Safari is quite something, but then apple seem to be on a downhill slide all round, I think its called converging by PR people.
Old 04-10-06, 18:30
Super Moderator

I'm on Firefox since Stephen put me onto it. Only time I use IE is when I do my shopping at Asda - their site doesn't support FF
Old 04-10-06, 21:29
Super Moderator

Gidders I use firefox ver 1.5.0.7, I have no problems shopping at Asda online.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.