WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Nikon Capture NX 1.1 released

Old 14-02-07, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Thanks Stephen, thats weird but it did the trick, the last update I must have done was probably the wrong one, although looking at the files they look the same. Now it has updated to latest.
Very good.

I have been fooling around this evening with and found no real differences. The more I demanded of v1.01 the more buggie I found it. Time will tell if I have the same experience with this version (1.1).
Old 17-02-07, 13:05

Some claim v1.1 is faster and I had my initial doubts believing this was wishful thinking by commentators. After 40 minutes of using NX for real I can confirm v1.1 is quicker possibly as much as 20%. My workflow is the same as before and I seem to be working through photos with joy again.

My biggest bugbear with v1.01 was having to navigate to my temp TIFF folder when saving an intermediate TIFF, NX now remembers the folder speeding things up and relieving frustration.

I have another little niggle that is the browser no longer stays where you left it so with a folder with 200 photos, its easy to loose your place when working through sequentially.

Don, I suggest you upgrade NX - V1.01 is still available if you prefer afterwards.
Old 17-02-07, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox View Post
I have another little niggle that is the browser no longer stays where you left it so with a folder with 200 photos, its easy to loose your place when working through sequentially.

Don, I suggest you upgrade NX - V1.01 is still available if you prefer afterwards.
Foxy Bob,

Just having a chuckle about a folder with 200 pics. I've never done more than 60 in a day. Not really had a problem with me loosing track.

Don
Old 18-02-07, 09:49

Have a good chuckle at this....

Just checked the quantities and 200 is an average for a regular airshow. approx 450 average for a RIAT day and there are six of them!

Believe me I am not a shutter happy shooter from what I have seem from others.