WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

great offer... or maybe not...

Old 21-02-07, 14:21
Super Moderator

Default great offer... or maybe not...

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed warehouseexpress are now offering a fantastic price match offer - find any item instock (genuine UK stock) cheaper than on WHE and they will price match plus knock off an extra 25% of the difference (including delivery).

Sounds like a great offer so I decided to put it to the test - found a Sandisk Extreme IV 4gb CF card for £65.80 delivered, on WHE it was £169.99 plus postage - so figured I'd give it ago. Put in my request at midday yesterday and waited for a response. I just had a call from them agreeing that it was UK stock and that they would price match + 25% off... great news however they had just today put their price for this item down to £65.99 and this was what the price match would be against. Apparently they had put the price down earlier today because of another price match request!

So be warned it seems that the offer is against the selling price when they agree to it, not when you put in the price match request. All seems a bit dishonest to me, seems they're just getting us punters to do the legwork of price checking for them.

I have bought many item from them in the past, but given this I'm not sure I'll be rushing to use them again.