WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Jessops

Old 27-01-10, 03:10

Personally I'd have lost my rag with them long since and told them to stuff it, you must have a lot of patience and willpower to put up with all that rubbish.

No wonder Jessops and shops like it are going down the pan, what happened to the Great in Britain ???

nirofo.
Old 27-01-10, 22:19

I've lost my rag, don't you worry. Unfortunately you talk to so many different people, you end up having a go at the wrong person !
Old 27-01-10, 22:32

I decided to buy myself a D90 with the kit lens.Jessops on line price was the best I could find so I went to their Kingston upon Thames shop to have a look at the camera.This branch was much better than my local branch of Jessops with all the popular cameras out on display where yoy are free to handle and take pictures in the store.The staff were quite attentive and swopped the kit lens over for the 16-85 for me to try.I went into John Lewis to check their price out but they were far too busy so I went back to Jessops.They agreed to match the online price and I left the shop with the camera pleased with the service and price I got.My experience was good and I would purchase from them again.
Old 31-01-10, 19:05

The 1DS finally arrived last Friday, actual delivery time was less than quoted which went a little way to compensate for the crass stupidity and bad customer service of the Jessops telephone sales department.

I got to use the camera at an event at the weekend and the results were good and well received by the customer and the attendees. Only black mark on the weekend was the refusal of the wifi transmitter to connect, but I can hardly blame Jessops for that.

I guess in the end it was a happy ending, I saved £1,100 on the local price, it just took so long and a lot of phone calls to come to that conclusion.
Old 31-01-10, 21:09

Glad it was a happy ending, saving £1,100 certainly sweetens the pill although the agro should never have happened.
Old 01-02-10, 19:50

Nice to hear you got it in the end and with a nice saving too.

Jim