WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

"2007 a year in photographs" TV programme

Old 22-12-07, 21:31

Question "2007 a year in photographs" TV programme

Hi,

does anyone know if this once annual programme is still going?

I last watched it a few years ago. Unfortunately can't remember the exact title, but it was on terrestrial BBC or ITV television.
Called something like, "A year in photos", or "News photos of ....", or "Photo review of the year"????

The format of the show started logically at the beginning of the year, so for example a news photo from january would be selected, the photographer, picture editor, or someone associated with the picture would comment on it..

People from AP,Reuters,Empics,Allsport, major papers and magazines all had input in the programme. Photos from hard news stories like 9/11, political images through to stunning sports images and compromising celeb photos were all featured. A good cross section of pictures....many of which we have seen and not known who was behind them.

Anyone have any ideas? and remember such a show??

I had a quick look through the TV guide.....nothing....I always remembered it being scheduled for 30th or 31 december???

Or, has it been moved to the dreaded "sky"???
Old 22-12-07, 21:45

Ther was such a show I am sure but I can not remember any details. I seem to remember it was pretty good too which probably doomed it!
Old 22-12-07, 21:49

Thanks Mike...yep, we're probably thinking of the same shows...probably didn't make any money for the broadcaster...so yes....doomed.

I hope not tho?!