WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Lenses

Lenses Discussion of Lenses

dream bit of kit...

Old 19-01-06, 16:39

I must say, I'm drawn to the idea of a piece of neutral kit that sits between the camera and lens to keep dust off the sensor.

In the same way as we have a filter on the front of the lens, it would be a filter on the front of the camera.
Old 01-03-06, 19:12

I'm not sure about all the fancy stuff, but I'd been thinking along the same lines as "postcardcv" but purely as a dust preventer. So it would have to have all of the AF connections but would be optically flat and could be left on the camera body. Too much to ask?
Old 02-03-06, 05:25

I don't think it would be possible, gentlemen. Assume an optically flat 1X TC. It would have to take up a certain amount of space in front of the lens mount - i.e., you can't make it zero mm thick, and because of that it would function the same way as an extension tube - you would lose the ability to focus at infinity. Unless, of course, you also modified either the camera's lens mounting or the back of the lens.

In short, you could design a new camera body that could use such a thing and take existing lenses, or you could design a new line of lenses that can function with, and indeed require the 1XTC, but you would have to do one or the other.
Old 02-03-06, 16:00

I'd like a 12 Mp digital back for my Nikon F4E. Why on earth manufacturers haven't thought of this (well, apart from Leica). Would be nice to unclip the film back and clip a digi one on.. Also be nice to clip a 22Mp digi insert into a Blad film back as well.. Dust? who cares about dust..