WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > Games - Photography related of course

Games - Photography related of course Just for fun, anyone can start one, everyone can play, so let have your ideas & have some fun

Fancy a Go

Old 15-01-16, 23:28

graham harcombe

Tugboat

ORIGINAL IMAGE - Gidders

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 15-01-16, 23:29

Clive:
A suggestion;
It takes some time to click on each image to see it and then back to main page, heading to the next.
How about if we can find a way to see the images directly on this page without need to going to stored URL?
I can see that if you pick up the URL of each uploaded image and wrap with hypertext code for image i.e. [IMG]URL[/IMG], we can have a better display.
I am doing this for your initial image and all the other images applied and see if this make it any nice / easier to view.

Robski

Arthur53

Tangata

Sassan

" JOE BIDEN
Old 15-01-16, 23:32

OK. I see the first flaw: "Size difference and over size images".
I had to use "Ctrl" plus "-" bottoms to make the images small enough to be seen at a same time.
So... guess I take the suggestion back.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 20-01-16, 08:22

ok, whats happening with this game?
do we have a winner yet?

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams
Old 20-01-16, 22:04

I have invited Norm to come in an show us how his 3 number RBG editing method can help by participating in this Game challenge.
Hope he can make it before the Game is over.
I am very eager to see how his method that is been used by him for a long time in gallery, can work here.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 20-01-16, 23:17

These NUMBERS are OPEN ENDEDED from 000 000 000 (r g b) TOTAL BLACK tp 256. 256 256 (r g b) TOTAL WHITE.
There is a fine selection of VALUES when multiplying 256 X256 X 256 totalling 16 mil 777 thou and a couple of hundred separate values. I guess every color known on the planet is between the outer figures.
First - in PAINT SHOP PRO -> EDIT -> EFFECTS, I put a TIF work copy through a PLUG IN called PERFECTLY CLEAR.
That done - I go to my EDIT -> PALETTE -> MATERIALS SWATCHES PAGE.
Next - I go to my TIF and open it up to 1000% or so MAX and check for any areas needing touch ups. I do this with my probe which gives me a 3 number value. Then I click on FORGROUND BOX to open further. Then I go to the edge TIF correction area and click on it. Those 3 NUMBERS automatically are put in R G B boxes in my SWATCH SCREEN area along with the blended color from them. Then I click on OK to give me my FOREGROUND BOX color for TWEAKING.
Then - I use a very small PAINT TOOL BRUSH SIZE (1, 2 or 3) (for larger tweaking areas I may go up to BRUSH SIZE 10 or so) and then click all over the area needing touch up - very slowly - depending size of enlargement of TIF image. I even use a magnifying glass if the TWEAKING area is particularly small.
If I cannot find the color I want in image - I can scan in any hard copy material from outside sources, do a SAVE AS of any image reproduction off the net. Then I do a scan with the probe for any 3 NUMBER COLOR VALUES or BLACK and WHITE and SEPIA TONAL VALUES and click on those - if need be - the same way I do the above way. I
That done - I go over the whole image doing this. If need be, I can manually adjust my R G B 3 NUMBERS as well to achieve the color needed. Here is a link for 3 number color values - http://rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm
The two illustrations are done this way.
Also with this is one I did on SPOT METERING (with MAGNIFYING LUPE ON CAM SCREEN) and worked up using the 3 COLOR R G B VALUES in PAINT SHOP PRO X8. Anne in Red Sweater.

I love the Old Masters for incentive and compositional ideas.

Last edited by nldunne; 21-01-16 at 00:02.
Old 21-01-16, 01:01
Super Moderator

Sassan - nice idea to show the images in the thread directly... but as you say, not sure it works. And anyway you'd have to upload the images attaching it as a thumbnail to be able to post it directly. Personally I don't find it too much of a chore to click a thumbnail to see that larger image.

Norm - I don't understand what you're trying to achieve with this method, but like Sassan I'm keen to understand & I think Sassan was suggesting that show us how it works by applying your technique to the image I uploaded.
Old 21-01-16, 01:12
Super Moderator

OK - time to choose a winner & pass the batton on...

I like Trena's & Arthur's interpretation - very similar to what I did with it. I like the idea of the Sepia toning you've used Sassan but somewhere its lost a bit too much detail for me. Rob - great fun

For creativity I love what Graham & Tangata have done. Graham - did you try flipping the image? - I think that might have improved the composition. Tangata - the background original image looks a bit over sharpened to me on my monitor - difficult I appreciate when you're not working with a full sized original.

So... tough choice all round, but I think I'll hand over to Graham - I suggest you start a new thread with your images otherwise this one could get really long!

Thank you to everyone who had a go.
Old 21-01-16, 01:37

Good choice Clive and Congratulations "Graham".
Now we are waiting for your image to see continuation of this thread.
Good work everyone and lets the fun continue.
Norm, you can wait for the image Graham is uploading, to show the merit of your technique. Well if it works on your images, should work on every image and what better way to show it in action than participating in a competition.

So Graham, don't make us to wait too long. Not everyone is patient
Also Clive, don't forget that you won the Proverb game's last contest. We are waiting for your image upload on that thread.

" JOE BIDEN
Old 21-01-16, 01:44

Gilders
If you are uncertain about the general idea of my system - have a look at the link in my initial post of my information. It has much good info on this and other related links along with the 3 COLOR R G and B 3 Number Values. Plus it gives a three R G and B boxes one can mix and match color values to get the feel for it.

I love the Old Masters for incentive and compositional ideas.