WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Canon RAW in Paint shop pro 8

Old 06-03-07, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders View Post
While I don't have it, I thought that Lightroom had healing & cloning tools. I've just looked at the Adobe website and in an article about how Lightroom, CS2 and Camera RAW work together there was this comment "As of version 3.7, Adobe Camera Raw cannot make further adjustments to enhancements made with settings or tools that are exclusive to Lightroom. These include Recovery, Fill Light, Vibrance, HSL, Grayscale, Clone/Heal, and Red Eye Reduction." which seems to suggest that it does.
Gidders is correct Lightroom does in fact incorporate a clone & healing brush, but they're a bit of a pain to use, and at £150, it's expensive.

Also it will not read Canon Raw files direct from your flashcard. you will need to load your files onto your H/drive first.
There is an option to import direct from your f/card but you have to accept that Lightroom will first convert your files to DNG.

Rawshooter Essentials is still available as freeware and this will read your Canon raw files, which you could then export direct into PSP.
Old 06-03-07, 17:38
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
PSP8 reads a 16 bit tif ok but converts it to 8 bit on saving.

I use the clone brush in PSP8 as I find for spotting it is a lot more accurate and controlable than in CS ( that will give CS guru's a laugh ) , hence I recognise that PSP8 uses 8 bit.

Don
The clone brush+pencil (stamp) in DPP is also extremely accurate. I THINK that if you use the direct transfer to CS2 the cloning comes up in its own layer, likewise if you have used any filters they would. This is not available for PSE4, needs someone with CS2 to confirm, but I do know that if you open a saved 16bit .tif in GraphicConverter (mac), it warns you it is a 'multipage' file and opens it without the filter etc as it does not have a layer facility.

For a canon user DPP seems the logical 1st stage for RAW/CR2.
Old 07-03-07, 18:51

Thank you daedal.
Downloaded the Canon software as suggested and it works just fine after I found out that Canon call it the "stamp tool"