WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

anyone doing a 365 (well 366) next year?

Old 31-12-11, 18:41
Super Moderator

Default anyone doing a 365 (well 366) next year?

This time last year a friend challenged me to take and post online a photo a day for the whole of 2011... for a number of reasons I decided not to do it but have decided to try it in 2012. As it was put to me it is simply a matter of getting a photo you are happy with everyday (no need for any other rules, although she did set herself monthly challenges within it). So I'm gonna give it a go and will be posting the photos up on my flickr page and will also be putting them on here too (not sure whether to do a thread or post them in the gallery).

So does anyone fancy joining me in the this (no doubt some already do this)?
Old 31-12-11, 20:00

I only lasted a couple of months last year till I had a few problems and didn't take photos for a few weeks,then started up again, I take photos most days so I will probably join in,I have already been out doing my New Years sunrise photos.

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams
Old 08-01-12, 19:09
Super Moderator

Well it's only a week in and already I'm struggling! Not had the best of weeks which hasn't help to feel inspired to get out shooting, hopefully I'll get into the swing of it soon. I'm posting my results in the gallery and am glad to see I'm not alone in doing a 366. Good luck to others doing it hopefully we'll all make it to the end.
Old 10-01-12, 15:24
Super Moderator

I would love to do it, but all my photos are rubbish these days, all out off focus or motion blur. I have had to put camera on AF and they are still awful.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 10-01-12, 16:04
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I would love to do it, but all my photos are rubbish these days, all out off focus or motion blur. I have had to put camera on AF and they are still awful.
that's a real shame - have you tried using a tripod to at least deal with any camera shake? Might be worth getting your camera checked to if it is failing to take in focus shots when using AF.
Old 10-01-12, 19:32
Super Moderator

No it's not the camera it's me I am afraid, not being able to see where I am focusing in the first place, I just have to guess then press the shutter. I only take photos now so I can digitally paint them focus doesn't matter. That's my new hobby on the ipad digital art, I can zoom into one pixel to paint.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.