WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

What are you seeing

Old 27-12-05, 17:42

Default What are you seeing

Please read on, you might be surprised. If you keep the frist and lsat ltetres of ecah wrod in the coerrcet palcae you can sitll raed raesnobaly esaly it sohws we do not raed eevry ltteer of ervey wrod. I think this also can apply at times, if you are not aware when taking a photograph, I add a file where I was more concerned with catching the light and missed seeing the Lamp Post (which started a whole load of e-mails with Yelvertoft and hence my avatar)
Has anybody else got any files that they think "What did I take that shot for"

Regards

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0030.JPG (317.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 27-12-05, 18:39

Default Why did I take that shot?

Quote:
Has anybody else got any files that they think "What did I take that shot for"
Yes, lots of them. but don't expect to see them. Some things are meant not to be shared
Old 27-12-05, 21:39

OK, I've given Ian a bit of light-hearted ribbing over his lamp-posts in private correspondence so it's time to come clean about the Kevin Schwantz photo in my gallery http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...=500&ppuser=34
Attached below is a scan of the original print. Shame about the bloke in the background. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of the leg behind the windshield without making it look doctored, I'd like to know. I'm amazed that no-one has picked up on the mystery leg in the background before.

Duncan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original Schwantz.jpg (104.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 27-12-05, 21:54
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft
OK, I've given Ian a bit of light-hearted ribbing over his lamp-posts in private correspondence so it's time to come clean about the Kevin Schwantz photo in my gallery http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...=500&ppuser=34
Attached below is a scan of the original print. Shame about the bloke in the background. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of the leg behind the windshield without making it look doctored, I'd like to know.

Duncan.
Ah, the truth is revealed It's one thing to make it look acceptable as web
sized image, another when it comes to doing it for a nice big print. Personally, I'd use the colour picker to pick the sandy colour and use colour blending option, at 20%, then use dodge carefully to get the tone corrrect.

If you'd have had 5fps and a heap of almost identical shots, you'd have a nice clear windshield to use on this particualar shot

cheers,
Andy
Old 27-12-05, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
If you'd have had 5fps and a heap of almost identical shots, you'd have a nice clear windshield to use on this particualar shot

cheers,
Andy
Touche! This was taken on film, it was very expensive to use motor drive in those days. The camera in use at the time would only do about 2fps anyway. Nor did it have continuous AF so it wouldn't have been able to keep up with the change of range on motor drive.

I'll give your editing suggestions a go. It's the sunlit sheen off the screen that goes wrong when I've tried before.

Duncan.