WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

PRESS RELEASE: The world's fastest D-SLR remastered - Canon's EOS-1D Mark III:

Old 06-03-07, 16:02
Super Moderator

OOOOH! I want one. Thanks for the link Don.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 06-03-07, 16:33

According to Arthur Morris the 1DMK3 could Revolutionise wildlife photography. He's claiming ISO 3200 on the new model is about the same as ISO 400 on the 1DsMK2 and has some very nice shots to prove it.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 06-03-07, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy C View Post
He's claiming ISO 3200 on the new model is about the same as ISO 400 on the 1DsMK2 and has some very nice shots to prove it.
Online pictures I have seen back up that claim.

Anyone here not moving to Canon? I'm going to have to buy some Canon stickers to put on my gear. It's the closest I can afford. No-one will know the difference.
Old 06-03-07, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif View Post
Anyone here not moving to Canon? I'm going to have to buy some Canon stickers to put on my gear. It's the closest I can afford. No-one will know the difference.
OK, I will go against the flow. I have no need of any features the MIII offers over what I have in the D2X. If I won the lottery on Wednesday I would get a few of the to me, currently exotic in that they are unaffordable, Nikon A/F lenses and then maybe consider a Hasselblad or maybe a Sinar or Linhof with a Leaf digital back

Don
Old 06-03-07, 22:48

I had to chuckle at the sound of the high speed drive on the Mark III........certainly that frame rate has been done before...but what's missing this time is the sound of film perforations being split or/and the end of the film being wrenched from the spool! lol

Yelvertoft/ Duncan,
Far from it for me to poo poo Nikon cameras, as I actually prefer them to Canon's...BUT....The D40 had some issues....we all preferred the older D50 at work, plus the inconvenience of the D40 with some D lenses, plus a weird habit of too many of these babies coming back for premature repairs/ exchanges, mainly due to firmware and electronic issues, we're all glad they're going.
It's a shame Nikon got rid of the D50 so quickly, I personally rated it higher....I just hope the D40x has had the issues we saw with the D40 ironed out.
The concept is excellent, and most D40' s are....just a few bad eggs spoilt it I think.
Old 06-03-07, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I had to chuckle at the sound of the high speed drive on the Mark III........certainly that frame rate has been done before...but what's missing this time is the sound of film perforations being split or/and the end of the film being wrenched from the spool! lol
Memories of setting the MD2 to 36 then loading a 24 exp roll in the dark.

Don

Last edited by Don Hoey; 06-03-07 at 23:19.
Old 07-03-07, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
The Nikon F2 high speed camera could hit 10 FPS with the MD-100 motor drive. Nikon cameras also had bulk film backs that could hold 250 or 750 frames of film. Imagine shooting that lot then realising you have set the wrong ISO ...