WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Are Adobe ripping us "off"

Old 03-04-07, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarlin View Post
They certainly do rip us Brits off, then they wonder why there are so many pirate copies of their software about. Why leave this with Adobe, what about Microsoft and Corel. Just to name two more.

Alan
It's not just "With adobe" iTunes is being investigated http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6520677.stm
Old 04-04-07, 05:03

Ha! Nice to see some other poor bar&rds getting it in the neck! Here in Oz, we have exactly the same problems, only the rip-off tends to be of even greater proportions.
Old 04-04-07, 08:46

CS3 appears to be £65 (158 AUD) cheaper than the UK
Old 04-04-07, 10:02

Hoolie Doolie!
That's downright disgraceful. All prices in $US

USA: $649
Oz: $915
UK: $1127

That's just unbelievable! Especially when you remember it's for a product that is discracefully overpriced in the first place. A fair and reasonable price for a very powerful product let down by extrememely poor performance and a user interface straight out of the stone age would be around $150 US.

That is the first time I have ever seen a UK price even worse than the Australian price.
Old 04-04-07, 13:30

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada & Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA

Well now, we have many of the same problems when it comes to things like gas, booze and cigarettes. being much cheaper in the US. It carries through to many items. Much of the differences in price come down to tax and market size and I wonder if that's not the same in EU and specifically UK. Market size probably isn't the same issue there as it is here but I suspect that taxes are even more of an isssue for you and are a real pain. On the other hand those taxes go to pay for social benefits such as health care that are pehapos not as univiversal in the US. I get tired of being ripped off in prices but I have to remind myself that if we want the programs we have to pay for them. I do get fed up of Canadian products being more expensive here than they are in US or other parts of Canada.
Old 04-04-07, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyowl View Post
Well now, we have many of the same problems when it comes to things like gas, booze and cigarettes. being much cheaper in the US. It carries through to many items. Much of the differences in price come down to tax and market size and I wonder if that's not the same in EU and specifically UK. Market size probably isn't the same issue there as it is here but I suspect that taxes are even more of an isssue for you and are a real pain. On the other hand those taxes go to pay for social benefits such as health care that are pehapos not as univiversal in the US. I get tired of being ripped off in prices but I have to remind myself that if we want the programs we have to pay for them. I do get fed up of Canadian products being more expensive here than they are in US or other parts of Canada.
I agree with a lot of what you say, but the pre-tax cost of CS3 is $960 in the UK
Old 04-04-07, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyowl View Post
I get tired of being ripped off in prices but I have to remind myself that if we want the programs we have to pay for them. I do get fed up of Canadian products being more expensive here than they are in US or other parts of Canada.
I pretty much agree but I bet your politicians don't have such good index linked pensions and expenses as ours do.
Old 05-04-07, 07:43

CS3 standard version ca. $1400, extended version weighs in at about $2100 here in Germany. I'll be sticking to PS7 for a while, methinks.
Old 03-08-07, 08:23

I knew it was "crazy expensive" the only time I visited Uk... but truly got the point during my visit to Catalonia, Spain, last April.
Is the same EU!!! and things are between 15% to 40% cheaper!!! and still, very expensive if compared to America and super expensive if compared to South East Asia...
I think that considering what you guys have mentioned here -about major populations and diversity of languages- things should have a higher range... but I believe that Spain is into that range... UK... well, sorry to say, but yes, sounds like they are ripping your heads off!!!

Last edited by Don Gato; 03-08-07 at 08:26.
Old 03-08-07, 10:19

its probably due to all the people that download from shared torrents