WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photography Books & Magazines

Photography Books & Magazines Read any? Can you recommend any? Dislike any? This is the place to let us know!

photography book for xmas?

Old 13-12-05, 12:23
Admin

Default photography book for xmas?

I've caved in and asked for the obligatory Arthur Morris's Bird Photography book... despite so many saying it's not entirely practical for a Nikon user in northern Europe. Already have Chris Gomersall's excellent book, which is more suitable for myself but I always look forward to reading others.
Old 13-12-05, 19:36

Think you've done well with the Morris book. Remember also that, unless it's been updated in the past few years (I have a 2003 edition), he's still talking film. His advice goes across the board, it's just that info for his images mentions Canon equipment. Settings, etc., should be translatable to Nikon.
Have you ever seen any of Andy Rouse's books? I've seen his show here in Canada a couple of times, and I know he's got a website. His books on wildlife photography are hard to find here, tough.
Enjoy the Morris book ... and Merry Christmas.

cheers,
jim
Old 13-12-05, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtfoto
Have you ever seen any of Andy Rouse's books? I've seen his show here in Canada a couple of times, and I know he's got a website. His books on wildlife photography are hard to find here, tough.
jim
If you want a specific book on anything - new or used, in print or out of print, I would always recommend www.abebooks.com. It is probably the biggest collection of bookdealers on the net. A quick search for Andy Rouse brought back 122 copies of at least 4 different titles - Quick Link

PS. A search on titles with the key words "Bird Photography" brought back over 600 books - Something for everyone!

Last edited by Nigel G; 13-12-05 at 22:47.