WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Nikon D7000?

Old 03-11-10, 20:01

Default Nikon D7000?

Anyone planning on getting Nikons new D7000?

Just a few weeks ago I was possibly contemplating between the D90 and D300s ...now Nikon have thrown in the D7000 priced so very close to the D300s!! Don't know why but Nikon DSLR's seem a lot more simple and intuative to use than Canon/Pentax etc so keen to stick with the brand.

Matt
Old 03-11-10, 22:37

Nope they do not fit my Canon lenses! As far as simple and intuitive to use it all depends on what you are used to, my Canons seem perfectly intuitive to me. Any way you have a nice 'problem' in choosing which model to go for.
Old 04-11-10, 09:17

Suggest you keep your eye on D300 prices. If the D7000 is a replacement then the D300 prices may start falling off. It will still be a very good camera regardless of what else comes along later.
Old 04-11-10, 11:02

Agree with duncan, the d300 is well worth watching as has already been upgraded with the d300s, the d90 is still well worth considering as the prices are going to tumble too now the new d7000 has been released. I have my eye on a d300 myself.
Old 04-11-10, 17:12

I guess there are a few factors to consider. But if 16mp, scene modes, and movie mode are not on you requirement list then the D300 is appearing on the used market now. The D300's has been out long enough now so it will be harder to find new. Just checked Grays of Westminster and they have one for £789 with one years warranty. They are also currently doing the D300's for £999 so its cheaper than the D7000.

Grays took on their grading system from Peter Walnes who I dealt with years ago, and from my dealings with them, and I have bought quite a few things, I have never been dissapointed.

Don
Old 04-11-10, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
I guess there are a few factors to consider. But if 16mp, scene modes, and movie mode are not on you requirement list then the D300 is appearing on the used market now. The D300's has been out long enough now so it will be harder to find new. Just checked Grays of Westminster and they have one for £789 with one years warranty. They are also currently doing the D300's for £999 so its cheaper than the D7000.

Grays took on their grading system from Peter Walnes who I dealt with years ago, and from my dealings with them, and I have bought quite a few things, I have never been dissapointed.

Don
£789 for a new d300 sounds great, may have to look into that. Hate buying second hand, like to know i am the only one to have caressed those fine buttons and curves.....
Old 04-11-10, 18:00

That one is used Lee. But with one years warranty and boxed and complete. 5080 shutter actuations. Condition EXC++. Grays grading - EXC++ 95%-97% as new.

As mentioned previously the D300's has been out a while so you would really have to hunt around for a brand new one now.

Don
Old 04-11-10, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfg1mp View Post
£789 for a new d300 sounds great, may have to look into that. Hate buying second hand, like to know i am the only one to have caressed those fine buttons and curves.....
I love buying secondhand - let someone else take the loss of the depreciation!
Old 05-11-10, 01:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfg1mp View Post
...I like to know i am the only one to have caressed those fine buttons and curves.....
You're such a tart
Old 05-11-10, 02:17

Oh ok don, that makes sense, thought that was cheap for a new one. still a very good deal though.

If i have the money, id buy new every time.....buying from someone like grays with a warranty wouldn't be so bad mind.