WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photography Books & Magazines

Photography Books & Magazines Read any? Can you recommend any? Dislike any? This is the place to let us know!

Which magazine?

Old 11-07-09, 20:26

Default Which magazine?

Hi all, I'm a bit off a bugger for buying magazines and I was wondering, is there any on wildlife or macro photography as those two are what I snap the most of.
Old 11-07-09, 21:24

Hi Robert, I don't know of any in particular that cater for those areas, but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you if there is such a title.

Beyond magazines, I'd suggest you get out there and practice, practice again, and then some. You have a sigma 105, which is an excellent bit of kit, so no excuses there. Once you've taken your pictures, be really self critical of them. Take a look at them as an outsider would. What do you like, what don't you like about them. Think hard about the bits you don't like and try and figure out exactly why you don't like some aspects of a shot. Once you've done that, you'll be well on your way towards improving.
Old 13-07-09, 15:29

OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY, price £3.75. August issue covers both subjects.
Old 23-07-09, 12:15

I gave up on buying magazines a few years ago. They've mostly become adverts, even the remaining editorial content is mostly thinly veiled articles trying to sell you something too.

The final straw was reading in one magazine a feature on macro photography that pushed the idea that a ring flash was an essential bit of kit. Unsurprisingly other articles in the magazine were best buys on ring flashes.
Old 06-11-09, 00:57

Blimey! it was more than a few years ago advertising was a very important inclusion for a mag!..... There's loads around that frequently have close-up macro articles in them, simply because it is a very popular area of photography. Best thing to do would be to go visit your local shop/ borders etc