WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photography Books & Magazines

Photography Books & Magazines Read any? Can you recommend any? Dislike any? This is the place to let us know!

French Magazine: Photo

Old 01-02-06, 08:06

Default French Magazine: Photo

I've found this kind of hard to find in the UK lately, but you can definitely order it from good newsagents.

Lots and lots of photography in there, some of it very odd, some of it very ordinary and some of it extraordinary.

The current issue has a focus on reader's pictures - no commentary or critique, just lots of them. They also tend to break a lot of new photographers and regularly publish sets from 'the masters'. Gear reviews, articles and news in french take up about 10% of the mag; fine if you speak or want to learn French, no big deal if you don't.

Not to be confused with the American version of the magazine, they couldn't be more different and the content is not the same.
Old 20-12-07, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinM View Post
I've found this kind of hard to find in the UK lately, but you can definitely order it from good newsagents.

Lots and lots of photography in there, some of it very odd, some of it very ordinary and some of it extraordinary.

The current issue has a focus on reader's pictures - no commentary or critique, just lots of them. They also tend to break a lot of new photographers and regularly publish sets from 'the masters'. Gear reviews, articles and news in french take up about 10% of the mag; fine if you speak or want to learn French, no big deal if you don't.

Not to be confused with the American version of the magazine, they couldn't be more different and the content is not the same.
Thank you for this post, Gavin!!

I believe you may have solved something of a long running mystery!!

About 2 years ago I had cause to delve into a paper recycling bin in the next village after some documents I had accidentally thrown out with the news papers...while I was delving around I came across the most beautifully produced magazines on the subject on photography I had ever seen, trouble
was I could never remember the name of the magazine and no longer had my lucky finds in my possession!!

I shall now scour every WHS in the land for a copy

Matt
Old 02-04-08, 08:24

Default French photo magazine

The Photo magazine mentioned can be found at http://www.photo.fr/

The subsciption page for a 1 year 10 issue 'abonnement' at 38 Euros to Grande-Bretagne is here http://www.hfmabo.com/magazine/Abonn...typeclient=341

Think I will get it just for the picture of the nice lady on the cover!