WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Advice - New Camera - Nikon D3100 or D5000

Old 31-12-10, 00:50

Default Advice - New Camera - Nikon D3100 or D5000

I popped into Jessops today and been looking to buy a new Nikon to replace my current Nikon D50 which is getting on a bit now.

There are two cameras in my price range , the 3100 or the 5000 from Nikon

I have a few questions:

1) Which one is best? The 5000 has a fold out screen and better video fps, but the 3100 is slightly smaller and described as a better camera and also the newer camera

2) The 3100 is cheaper one, but does that mean its worse?

3) Can i put my Tameron 70-300mm Lense which i use on my D50 onto the 3100/5000 and will it work on AutoFocus still?

Help please!
www.riverthames.co.nr
Old 31-12-10, 10:49

why not, do a google search comparing the two.....your tamron lens will only work with these two cameras if it has a built in motor.
Old 01-01-11, 19:14

Hi there, im new to this forum. Few months ago, it just occured to me that i need to take nice photos and since then was thinking abt buying an SLR camera, so after lots of deliberations and reading on the net, i hav decided abt CANON 1000D with 18-55 and 75-300mm EF Lenz, i though abt 500 and 550d as well but as video wasnt one of my priorities so went for 1000D. I am not sure if this is the right decision. Im going to buy this camera on Monday. I'll appreciate if the experienced ppl here could advice.

I'll need u ppl also when i start taking pics.

Thanks and best wishes for year 2011

Nasim
Old 05-01-11, 08:36

thnx beautywendy...for ur advice..i just bought canon 500D; with 18_55MM IS lens...and still learning abt it..
Old 07-01-11, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbine View Post
I popped into Jessops today and been looking to buy a new Nikon to replace my current Nikon D50 which is getting on a bit now.

There are two cameras in my price range , the 3100 or the 5000 from Nikon

I have a few questions:

1) Which one is best? The 5000 has a fold out screen and better video fps, but the 3100 is slightly smaller and described as a better camera and also the newer camera

2) The 3100 is cheaper one, but does that mean its worse?

3) Can i put my Tameron 70-300mm Lense which i use on my D50 onto the 3100/5000 and will it work on AutoFocus still?

Help please!
1) Which one is best ...... Only you can really answer that on the basis of what I think is best, is not necessarily the best for you. I use a well out of date D2X and still think it's up there with the best, plenty of others would no doubt disagree as they would rate it an antique. So there you go. Something only you can decide.

2) Know what you want in the way of specs then read reviews. I am sure both take great pictures.

3) Just posted a thread on this very subject here
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...7311#post47311

Don
Old 05-04-11, 11:54

Which camera to choose completely depends upon your needs. Both the camera performs well but the Nikon D3100 will perform better in low-lights and also it supports full hd video.

I am hobbyist photographer and have played with most of the leading cameras.