WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

RAW Converter

Old 09-01-11, 21:19

Unhappy RAW Converter

HI
i love photography but the only thing im not any good at is the computer side of it. could anyone please tell me how to convert a raw file i have adobe photoshop elements 6 and could you please tell me a step by step guide to finding the converter and converting a file i would apprecite anyone who can help me i look forward to hearing from you
Old 11-01-11, 14:10

The first thing you need to do is try and open a raw file on the computer that has adobe elements 6 installed. If you already have the right adobe raw converter for you camera the file will open into the raw editing screen which will allow you to make adjustments before you open it into elements. If the file doesn't open then you haven't got the correct plugin installed. if this is the case you will have to do a search on google for "camera make, model" and adobe camera raw, elements 6........this should lead you to adobes site where you can get the plugin and how to install it. There may be a problem if you have a really new camera, as adobe may not have the correct plugin for elements 6 as its quite old.

alternatively you could use the nikon/canon software that is bundeled with the cameras. Or adobe lightroom is another option.

Im sure there are more.......but these are the ones i use.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-11, 17:16

If I remember correctly the latest RAW plug in that was compatible with Elements 6 was RAW Converter 5.6. Assuming you are using Windows download from here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4626
Then follow the instructions carefully. It was fine for cameras up to and including the Canon 7D. Anyway there is a list of cameras it covers on the Adobe website. If the camera is covered then a shot taken in RAW should open automatically when opened in the Elements Editor. Hope that helps for starters.
Old 11-01-11, 20:11

Hi
thanks for that i will probably get stuck as im no good with computers
Old 11-01-11, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfg1mp View Post
The first thing you need to do is try and open a raw file on the computer that has adobe elements 6 installed. If you already have the right adobe raw converter for you camera the file will open into the raw editing screen which will allow you to make adjustments before you open it into elements. If the file doesn't open then you haven't got the correct plugin installed. if this is the case you will have to do a search on google for "camera make, model" and adobe camera raw, elements 6........this should lead you to adobes site where you can get the plugin and how to install it. There may be a problem if you have a really new camera, as adobe may not have the correct plugin for elements 6 as its quite old.

alternatively you could use the nikon/canon software that is bundeled with the cameras. Or adobe lightroom is another option.

Im sure there are more.......but these are the ones i use.

Hope this helps.
Hi
thanks for youre help i really appreciate it the camera i use is a canon 5D mark 1
Old 12-01-11, 12:40

Hi andrew, i would think you shouldn't have any problems opening opening the raw files from the 5D in elements in as its not a new camera. if you cant use the link mike provided to get the plugin....its not to difficult to install.

cheers lee