WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

Uploading using Safari

Old 19-01-08, 12:18

Default Uploading using Safari

As a Mac user my web-browser is Safari and I am having a lot of problems uploading to WPF. My latest pic took 7 attempts to load. After I have selected the correct photo and hit the upload button, nothing happens. I then have to hit stop, refresh and start all over again. Is it just me? I'm a member of a few forums and this is the only one I have problems with.
Old 19-01-08, 18:40
Chris

I don't have any problems Nick with Safari 1.3.2. I dare say you have a much later version.

Just now noticed there is a checkbox between thumbnail and description panel on the 2nd stage - do you have it checked?

Try clearing its cache alt/macE and maybe re-install it if off a CD or download a fresh one.

BTW I only use Safari for this & Pbase - it is the best colour dispaly, but Firefox far niftier in every other way.

Last edited by Chris; 19-01-08 at 21:27.
Old 19-01-08, 20:04

I use Safari Version 3.0.4 (5523.10.6) that was bundled with Leopard. I am not a regular up-loader but no problems experienced when I do.

Can you provide a screen grab should it fail again?
Old 20-01-08, 12:26

Just posted a photo in the gallery, no problems.

What happens to your network connection when you click upload. View 'Network' in the Activity Monitor.
Old 20-01-08, 15:10
Chris

PostScriptum: if the upload works using Firefox, it would pin the problem down to Safari, not the connection; if not then concentrate on Safari. In that case are you familiar with the discussions on the apple site - not much they have not cured for me over the years.
Old 20-01-08, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
PostScriptum: if the upload works using Firefox, it would pin the problem down to Safari, not the connection; if not then concentrate on Safari. In that case are you familiar with the discussions on the apple site - not much they have not cured for me over the years.
I was trying to work out whether the image was actually sent to the WPF server. Outgoing traffic should show in activity monitor when completing the photo upload clicking 'submit'
Old 21-01-08, 19:10

I use Safari 3.0.4 with OS X 10.4.11 with no problems at all now I have cracked the image size/quality problems I had to start with. All uploads are reasonably quick as well - average 10-15 secs if that. What OS are you using because in OS 10 the Terminal "fsck -y or fsck -f" rebuild cures almost everything.

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 21-01-08, 20:15

Uploads using Firefox take 5-10 seconds, as does IE.
I'm using OS 10.4.11 and Safari 3.0.4.
Old 21-01-08, 21:11
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbunion View Post
Uploads using Firefox take 5-10 seconds, as does IE.
I'm using OS 10.4.11 and Safari 3.0.4.
Surely this means its the safari that has got twisted, so repeat, if no difference after clearing cache, bin it and re-install.