WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

The weekend challenge - good idea

Old 15-12-08, 05:42

Default The weekend challenge - good idea

What a good idea the weekend challenge is. I now try and enter each week and almost look forward to finding out what each challenge will be.

This week I had no idea whatsoever about what to photograph and then I started thinking about it and came up with a couple of ideas. My best idea was to go to Leeds/Bradford airport and try and get a shot of a plane taking off over the road. I did not have time but it is a shot I will try in the future.

It is also a good opportunity for less experienced photographers like myself to have a go at a competition and gain a bit of confidence.

An excellent idea and well done to whoever came up with it

John
Old 15-12-08, 09:16

It's great to get the 'creative juices flowing', and hope a short deadline adds to it. The quick turn-around appeals to us too.
The idea that the poll winner for the weekend entries suggests the following weekend challenge topic gives us all a chance to have a little more input. The winner then starts the next thread for the comp, and 'runs' the poll, unless they get stuck on how to (saphire posted some instructions on another thread here)......that way we're also giving the moderators a break! lol
We're hoping we don't infringe on the monthly competition, and steer clear of suggesting a topic theme that might clash with it.?
It's probably a good idea to keep an eye out on the poll when you enter, and maybe already have a topic theme in mind in case you win! (I didn't!- so I quickly tried to suggest something 'generic' that anyone throughout the world could do...i hope not to many are dissapointed )

Lets hope plenty have a go at entering these challenges.....it's all a bit of fun

Last edited by Joe; 15-12-08 at 09:21.
Old 15-12-08, 16:48

I think it's a great idea too - just wish I had more time at the weekend to participate! (A mid-week challenge might be one to many though!)
Even if I havent had the time to meet the deadline for the last few weeks, it has still got the thought processes working on subjects I might not have considered. Let's keep it going.

Last edited by gordon g; 15-12-08 at 20:35.
Old 15-12-08, 18:21

I hope this will gain popularity in the next few weeks, as people off work, trying new christmas presents etc.....I think as well the pictures should be voted on how well they depict the theme, rather than being just a 'pretty picture'....that way we're hoping we can get more people who might be less 'technically' photographically minded, but have good picture ideas.?
The idea being to encourage people who might not otherwise enter the main monthly competition. I guess it's not a bad way to get other peoples feedback via voting, then maybe a few optional comments added to the thread if people want to add why they voted for their chosen picture.... once the poll has finished I guess.?

Last edited by Joe; 15-12-08 at 18:25.